And another fan was nice enough to get all of us in a group photo...
On Sunday, I decided to get the kids up at 6am to drive downtown to the annual Balloon Classic. At first, the kids were not too happy with me but after we got to Memorial Park and saw the balloons, I was queen for the day! (OK, maybe not queen but back at the top instead of in the dirt)
The balloons launched at 7am and it was spectacular. Really, if you ever want to visit us, Labor Day weekend is really the time. It is just something to see. The balloons would float over to the lake and touch down in the water which is pretty cool. This one showed off by dragging the basket in the water for a little...
This one was named Archy and was our favorite. It was so huge and had all kinds of animals sticking out of the arch.The lady bug balloon was our second favorite. It had legs and everything...
We met up with our friends to watch these beautiful balloons. All the kids were so good about staying close (at least within reason) and listened pretty well. It was really funny to watch the girls get so excited about all the colors...And while we were having a blast with these balloons, Jeremiah and a friend were hiking Pike's Peak...
They made it to the top and back down without being too sore the next day. Good Job, guys!
Speaking of the next day, we had a cookout. It was so nice to have our friends join us. We had a total of 17 kids at one time. Good thing it was nice outside!
And, no, I couldn't catch all of the kids in the same place at the same time. I couldn't even catch all of the adults at the same place at the same time. But we had a great weekend and we are grateful that our friends could join us for some playtime and food. We were also able to meet our cadet's parents which was nice. I will post more on our sponsoring a cadet another time. How was your weekend?















9 comments:
Heart be still at all those lovely balloons!!!!!!Maybe we should change "our balloon date" from June to Labor Day?......You made my day, Megan!...
Also, Great picture of all of you at the game!
Love to all!
Nice family photo. My favorite balloon photo is the one with 7 of them all at once. Very cool.
Love the balloon shots! My mom and I took a hot air balloon ride a few years ago. It was amazing! Highly recommended!
Thanks for the bbq on Monday! I can't believe you made all of that food! Wow!
Wow, such cool balloon pictures...I'm sure it's even more amazing in person!
Love the family photo!
We were never around for a Labor Day weekend, so I'm sad to say we never saw the balloon fest. We'll definitely have to catch it when we move back. It looks fabulous!
I would love to see the balloon fest- it looks so cool, Megan! Glad you all had a nice weekend- ours was as equally busy with a touch of humidity. Lovely.
Okay I'm feeling totally ashamed that we lived there for three years and never saw the balloons! I love your pictures though and I'm totally excited that you guys got to go!
love those balloons! i'm SUPER impressed that you got the kids up BY YOURSELF that early to see them. super mama.
I loved the balloon fest! We also liked going to the glow at night.
Thanks for the picture of Karina on the blog - what a great surprise!!
I can't wait for those AFA football games. Gotta love fall football.
Post a Comment