There was nothing special about going to the park but we all had some fun. After the kids played for a while in the play area, we headed to the soccer fields to just run around.
Then when Jacob went for his nap and Jamie decided to skip hers, we did a fun Fall project. When we were at our playdate on Friday, Rachel had this awesome idea for the kids to do. We traced leaves onto wax paper, shaved crayons onto the pattern, and then ironed another wax paper on top. It was so cool that we decided to make more today. So here are the girls shaving their crayons with some plastic knives...
After using the iron on medium and melting the crayon shavings, I cut out the leaves and hung them on the front door. I think they are a great Fall decoration. What do you think?
It was just one of those days today. We really need to take a break from our busy schedules more often and just have fun like we did today.







12 comments:
looks like fun. what a perfect day! have fun being crafty!
What a fun idea! Looks like you guys had a nice weekend. Looking forward to hanging out at the park together!
That window is beautiful! What a good idea.
I'm off to the store right now to buy wax paper. Lord knows we have a ton of used up crayons around here. Great idea. I love it.
Great idea to use up the crayons and the window decorations look marvelous. Great job, girls!
It was a great day and fun was surely had by all! But, oh by the way... for you Group of Stahrs fans out there. I would suggest a friendly boycott of this family blog until the pix of Mrs. Mamma Stahr jumping in the leaves are posted...
we had an afternoon like that where we went for a family run and it was just so so nice. don't laugh but AMY and I did this craft (yes as grown-ups) as a v-day craft where you use red and pink and orange shavings and cut out hearts. don't laugh.
I am so not laughing, JJ because I was having just as much fun as the girls with this craft. I was amazed at the melting and how it all turned out. I would have never thought of doing it for Valentine's Day. Oh the girls will be thrilled!
Oh and on the the note of boycotting the site until you see pictures of me jumping into the leaves. That post is coming, Jeremiah! Thankyouverymuch. Jeez, how much longer do you want me to spend on here?
Oh how fun. Love your fall picture on your banner! I miss the changing of leaves this season - doesn't happen down here. I think we'll steal your craft idea just for that purpose! Lovely!
Looks like a great day! When I lived in Dayton I did the the same crayon project with hearts and pink/red crayons for Valentine's Day (stolen from Martha Stewart). They really look so pretty and what a fun project to do with the girls! Maybe we'll have to make some leaves here.
Oh, ha! I just read J.J.'s comment! See, it really was a great project!
In fact, I kept those things until just about 2 years ago. :-)
This looks like great fun- I'll have to dig out our crumbly old crayons!!
Did someone say JUMPING pictures??
Post a Comment