Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hero Day

Hero brought on a whole new meaning on September 11, 2001. That day made ordinary people extraordinary. The local fire and police departments and military parents were honored today with a ceremony and parade at the girls' elementary school.

Watching all the kids get so excited to see the firefighters, police officers, and military was really something. All they wanted to do was give high fives and say "thank you".

To say the girls were proud to be walking in the parade with their dad is a total understatement.

It was just amazing to see these kids react this way and seem to really understand what today was about. Watching the heroes walk the halls of the school and give high fives was really something too. It just made me really proud to be an American and proud of our heroes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that we find time to honor all our "Heroes"! The girls seemed very happy and proud to walk the halls with Dad. Love Jamie's hat!

Kathy said...

That's really neat that they honored them like that. I know that "mommy" must have been so proud as well. : ) I would have been choking back tears!!!

Susie said...

sniff. sniff.

Megan's Mom said...

Total PRIDE for all! They are HEROES INDEED!
Glad to see how Honor to these Heroes was taught to the students!AWESOME!.. ( sniff, sniff is right!)

Sara said...

What a wonderful post. It warmed my heart. Thanks Megan.

J.J. said...

that's so sweet.

Jeremiah said...

Each time I open this blog, I don't know what to say. To remember That Day. Locked down on base. Then all of a sudden told to leave and go home as fast as possible. Sitting and watching the news with each other. Megan pregnant with Mazie... the six-and-a-half-year-old in these pictures... wondering... Thank you to Odyssey and my girls for inviting me to this parade. Thank you to whom this day really belongs - This day is for those who are no longer here. They are the Heroes!

Megan's Mom said...

jeezz,Miah!...that brought on the tears....I agree with you ...they are the HEROES...but...so are the MILLITARY and the FIREFIGHTERS!Thank you for being on the HERO team!...Love much!