Wednesday, September 24, 2008

His New Name

Jacob Isaac Christopher Herbert Stahr. This is his name when he is getting into something he shouldn't or doing something that is way too big for him. Today that name was used quite a lot. One example was that he decided he couldn't possibly wait 10 more minutes for supper and needed a snack now! So he made his way into the pantry and when he was told "no snack"

he rearranged a few things...

I think he was testing us to see if we would give in. When we didn't he decided to start climbing and reaching...

and what was he reaching for?

Jackpot! He made his way out of the pantry with that treat and gave it to me to open. I think his shirt was mighty fitting for him today! Major trouble was right on.

Another example came after dinner. We went outside to enjoy the nice Fall air and play for a while before bath. He decided that he was big enough to climb onto the playset picnic table and then down over the other side. It isn't a far drop but enough of one. He thought he was quite the daredevil showing off his new stunt. He even gave high fives to anyone who was watching! I mean, really, he isn't even 18 months old yet. (I still have two days!)

I have a feeling Jacob Isaac Christopher Herbert Stahr is going to be coming out of my mouth a lot over the next few years.

7 comments:

kristen said...

Well, he can join Colin David who has managed to get himself in heap of trouble lately as well. He broke the vacuum cleaner and pulled over his sister's dresser (luckily no one was hurt either time).

Megan's Mom said...

Oh how funny!....Does the name "Megan Renee Henretta Boyer" sound familiar?!...it eventually turned to "Megan Henry"!...(although you never really got into THAT much trouble)
Terrible two's...what would you do with out them?:-)

J.J. said...

well i'm just jealous that you have a pantry:)

Anonymous said...

I really hate to ask this, but the real question is: Did you open the poptart for Jacob??

Megan said...

No! I held my ground and he did have to wait the next 5 minutes for supper. He was distracted by playing with Dad instead of focusing on his apparently empty belly. I mean, you can really tell that I just don't feed the kid, right?

Amy said...

Aaaaahhhhhhh! Your poor pantry! So, is he worse about this stuff than the girls were? Is it a boy thing? Or did Mazie and Jamie find their fair share of trouble too?

Susie said...

I'd go for the pop tarts, too! Smart little guy you got on your hands!