Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

Sorry for the lack of updating. We've been a bit busy and enjoying the olympics.

1. The 5K on Saturday didn't happen. It was pouring and way too cold. I wouldn't have taken the kids to the kids run anyway. Next year, right? I have lots of 5Ks and even a 10K coming up.

2. I joined facebook. I originally joined because there was a lady from LA weight loss who started a page to help us along since the center closed. I have found some friends on there that I haven't heard from in a long time! Kind of cool.

3. Mazie had her literacy test yesterday for school. It took 15 minutes. Her teacher brought her out and said, "we need to help her look up words in the dictionary". She said that Mazie can understand big words based the entire story. She needs to learn to look up the words so she understands what the actual big words mean. Isn't it a good thing that she can figure it out based on the rest of the story? What does that mean? Anyone?

4. I picked up this cool book at the book store a few weeks ago. Filled with all kinds of things to do with the kids that do not involve batteries and such. I figured it would give me ideas of what to do with Jacob when it's just the two of us. Turns out that a lot of what's in there I have already done with the girls. I guess I should have trusted myself a little more.

5. I weighed myself this morning and am down 42lbs. I am going to start trying to weigh in on here every week again. I think I am going to need all the support I can get for these last (almost) 20lbs.

6. Saturday is the Down Syndrome Buddy Walk here. Check out Rachel's blog for information and to donate if you can.

7. Jacob is back to no dairy. Well, actually I bought him some lactaid whole milk and that's been working. But no cheese or yogurt. He likes the lactaid (it is super expensive though). So I guess I need to make an appointment to find out if there is anything we can do besides the no dairy thing. It just doesn't work for him. Crazy that the one who eats the most dairy isn't handling it well and all of a sudden too. It keeps him up at night-explaining the lack of bloggin-and he is working on a couple more molars.

8. Jamie informed me a few days ago that school started. I smiled and said, "Yes, isn't that great?" She looked at mean (quite sternly, I might add) and said, "Am I starting tae kwon do? You said when school starts." Jeez!

9. Mazie tests for her next belt on Saturday. Jamie is excited because we get to have purple cake!

10. I really wish the sun would come and so we can go outside to play. I am really tired of the fog, cold, and rain. We may just have to put up a fort in the living room and have a tea party. Anyone want to join us?

7 comments:

Susie said...

I'd love to join you for a tea party :) One lump of sugar or two ?

Megan's Mom said...

Tea and purple cake sounds great!...What time?

Gramma B said...

Good luck,Mazie....Think Purple!:-)

Shelley said...

This weather has been crazy! I will most definitely join you for an indoor tea party!

See you guys Thursday morning!

Amy said...

Hard to believe the weather is so crummy there, it's been beautiful here! That's so strange about Jacob not tolerating dairy anymore. I hope you get some good sleep again soon!

J.J. said...

i would love to join the party. listen we have HOT sunshine here and we haven't been outside much, i would trade you in a heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all the good news! Well done, Mazie, on the literacy test and I know you will do well with your test for the purple belt on Saturday. Can't wait to see a real PURPLE cake! I have a feeling it won't be long before Jamie will be testing, too. Great job, girls!