Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Mazie's First Day

Ok, does Mazie look like she is more than 6 1/2 years old or is it me? Jamming to whatever Hannah Montana song she had her in head all the way to school and not even noticing the rest of us were with her.

I didn't think today was going to be hard for me. She was going to school, like last year, only for a whole day. Not a big deal, right? When she walked away from me to get in line with her class and didn't look back until we were already on our way down the little grassy hill and then waved at me, I thought to myself, "there goes my big girl-not needing me like I want her to or she used to". Here she is insisting I don't take yet another picture of her. "Please, mom, you're embarrassing me" (at 6 already?)

I was very shocked that tears were streaming down my face on walk home. I tried very hard to not let Jamie see because I didn't want her to be upset tomorrow. Oh, great, I have to do this again tomorrow?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute. that post actually brought tears to my eyes. good luck with school this year girls. i start back next thursday and have students the following wednesday. yippee!!!

kristen said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, and you think about me on Monday, okay?

Megan's Mom said...

Is that my Mazie?...Whoa! Awsome outfit!...Just be the best Mazie you can be!

O.K....tears here,too!
Hope tomorrow goes well...but..take the tissues:-)!

erin said...

I'm getting choked up for you! She looks HUGE!

Cathy Bolander said...

Oh Megan. Be proud you raised such an independent girl! Good luck tomorrow.

Susie said...

I'm terrified for the first day of school now!

Anonymous said...

First days are always the hardest to take - it seems like it happens every year! As excited as the girls are about school, just be thankful that THEY are so anxious to go each day. Al,l of you will be just fine!

J.J. said...

oh gosh she looks too grown. is that the same girl who shared her craisins with us when she was one? good job on your first day of school maz!