Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Purple Day

Today Mazie tested for her next belt in tae kwon do. Every test, as a family, we were the color that she is testing for. I am sure people think we are crazy but Mazie thinks it's fun and really isn't that what it's about? Mazie realizes that us wearing her next belt color is supporting her on this adventure. So today we were all wearing our purple in support of Mazie. Jacob didn't have anything purple so he had this cool sign...

Mazie did all her moves so well. She even broke her board on the first try...

Then she got her new belt from the grand master. I think the purple belt looks good. What do you think?

After supper tonight the family enjoyed some purple cake.

At least the pictures say they enjoyed the cake...

We are very proud of you, Mazie. Great job!

After the test this morning, we drove to Manitou Springs to support our friends who were walking the Buddy Walk for Down Syndrome. It was fun to watch them cross the finish line with all the kiddos and the rest of the people.

This little guy is a special part of our lives (as is the rest of the family). Good job, Egberts! We are so very proud of you, too!

9 comments:

Shelley said...

Yea Mazie! You are such a strong girl! I bet you are stronger than any of the boys in your class too!

Megan, you are such an awesome mom! Who wouldn't love purple cake!

A.K. said...

Great Job Mazie! I think the purple one is the prettiest yet!

The one of Jacob eating the cake is PRICELESS!!!

Amy said...

Way to go, Mazie! Purple suits you all well. . . especially in the form of cake all over Jacob!

What a fun day for you all. I'm off to check out the Egbert blog for more on the walk. Preston looks so BIG in that picture. . . wow!

Cathy Bolander said...

WOW Mazie! A purple belt. You're awesome. And everyone looks like they enjoyed cake especially Jacob. Look at his laughter.

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you, Mazie, for doing so well with your testing! The purple belt is one of the nicest yet. It looks like Jamie and Jacob had a fun time wearing purple for you and then everyone having a great time with the purple cake - it really looks yummy! Can you save me a piece???

rachel said...

Nice job Mazzie!I'm glad! From,sydney

Gramma B said...

You need to change your name to AMAZING MAZIE!...Way to go! I was "thinking purple" for you to pass your test!....I LOVE PURPLE!...More important..I love you!:-)...Keep up the good work!

Megan's Mom said...

Jacob's pictures belong on greeting cards!!!!!!...Priceless...What a fun day!
Glad you got to go see the Egberts and take a picture of Preston...He is soooo cute and growing like a "weed"(but a cute one!)

J.J. said...

CONGRATS MAZIE!!!