Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

It's been a bit crazy around here with all the birthdays and our visitor, all on top of our normal routine. So I have to clear my head to get on with the rest of the week.

1. Pop Pop left yesterday and we were all very sad. However, it was the best departure yet. No crying, Mazie went to school without any grief, Jamie took a nap, Jacob took a nap, it went well. The girls were very sad when they woke up this morning and he still wasn't here. His name is still on the door to the guest bedroom.

2. We had a really great week with Pop Pop. We went to Seven Falls (and it was frozen solid) and then to the Garden of the Gods. We weren't expecting to see the frozen falls. It was still pretty though.

3. School was cancelled today. Not sure why. We did get some snow but just a dusting. I took Jamie to school this morning and the roads weren't slippy or anything. I wish I would have known that when I was ready to take Jamie to school. I would have kept her home so we could have just played together.

4. Today is Miss Kelsea's birthday. She is turning two! I can't believe it. Happy Birthday, Big Girl.

5. Jacob has been waking up at about 3am for the past few mornings. Then again at 7am. I can't figure out why. I really need him to sleep through the night.

6. I am starting something new at the end of the week, just for me. I hope it works. I am confident that it will. Positivity and will power are key! You will see soon.

7. Is anyone else excited that Lost is going to be starting soon? I can't wait for 16 straight episodes.

8. Anyone else excited about the Packers possibly being in the superbowl? All they have to do is beat the Giants on Sunday and their in.

9. Jeremiah is going to take Mazie out on a date this weekend. This is new this year. He is going to take both of the girls out on dates every year (for as long as they will let him) to show what a date is supposed to be like and how they are to be treated by their date. He is going to be coming to the door with flowers and everything. Just like our first date. Mazie is super excited.

Ok, now my head is clear and I am ready for the rest of the week. Thanks for listening/reading!

6 comments:

Megan's Mom said...

I think your head is ALWAYS clear...just lots going on and you are so busy!...Great idea on the "dating"...I am sure they will let him date them for a loooong time to come....awesome Dad to be taking the time!...good luck on whatever you are going to do with Jacob!...:-)

Anonymous said...

OMG! Me too, I can't wait for Lost to start. 2 more weeks. That is really sweet that Jeremiah is going to take the girls on dates. Good luck with whatever your secret plans are. Can't wait to see. Miss you guys. Tell the kids I said hi, even the big kid.

Amy said...

Date night... how special and what a great idea! Looking forward to seeing you on Friday!

rachel said...

School was cancelled today for us hicks living out here in the country where the wind was blowing like 30 mph! You city folks just wouldn't understand. :) I am dying to know what sneaky #6 is...sorry about #5...never seen #7, no time for TV...that goes for #8 too...#9 is so darn cute!

J.J. said...

aw what a great dad - that date idea is GREAT! and entertainment weekly said that there are only 8 LOST epidodes scheduled to air...stay tuned i guess.

Susie PSU said...

How was the date?? :-)