Thursday, January 03, 2008

The First Tooth

I want to start off by saying "thanks" for all the comments telling Mazie to finally just yank out her tooth. She is very much involved with this blog, especially when the post is about her. She read those comments and decided today was the day. This morning, even before she got dressed, she asked me to pull it. So we got some wet papertowels ready to put on her gums. She grabbed the phone in one hand and the papertowels in the other. She sat down on my lap and I barely touched her tooth. It was that loose!

She immediately dialed Pop Pop's number. Then proceeded to call Aunt Jodi and then JJ. That was all. She said the rest could see her "empty spot" on the blog. Sorry to the rest of our family.

Tonight after her bath, she wrote a note to her tooth fairy...

Then she rolled the note and put it (with her tooth) in her tooth pillow and hung it on the door.

Is Jacob the tooth fairy?

Also, today I found this...

With all the toys they got for Christmas, they play with my bag clips.

12 comments:

Susie said...

Love thatn ote, Megan! So, what does the tooth fairy pay these days??

A.K. said...

congrats mazie! what a smart idea for the tooth fairy to make a bag to hang on the door! clever!!

Megan said...

The going rate for the first tooth as one of dad's old silver dollars. After that, the tooth fairy will bring her shiny new silver dollars. Teeth are expensive!

J.J. said...

sheesh! teeth are expensive! mazie you totally made my day calling me to tell me about your tooth! i am so excited for you, and i told ron when he came home and he cannot believe it either! and that picture your mom took is so pretty, look at your beautiful fingernails!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mazie!!! One tooth down, 23 more to go. At least I think that is how many baby teeth are left to loose. You're gonna be rich when all your baby teeth have fallen out.
Cute little bag. I used to have a little pillow with a pocket in it for the tooth that I would leave under my big pillow for the Tooth Fairy to leave money. How times change. Miss you guys. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Atta girl, Mazie! Good job on yanking the tooth. Thank you for choosing to call me. I really appreciated hearing from you. Beautiful note that you wrote to the tooth fairy - very thoughtful! Cute little "tooth fairy" taking it all in. I guess you realize that Jacob is learning from you how to do things when it is his turn to start losing teeth. Love to all!

Gramma B said...

Great job, Mazie!....and just in time for your birthday!....Love the tooth fairy note and the pillow!...Keep smiling:-)!Love you lots!

Gramma B said...

AND...I do like your finger nails...very pretty like you!:-)

Samantha said...

Way to go Mazie! What a big girl!

Amy said...

Love that gap-toothed smile! Way to go, Mazie!

Susie PSU said...

Losing a tooth. What a big girl!! And the clips cracked me up. Mine like playing with weird stuff, too. I hadn't thought of getting those out!

Katie said...

Yea Mazie! Congratulations on your first tooth (or lack there of). (-: We miss you!