Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Ten on Tuesday: Birthday Edition

Today is Jeremiah's actual birthday. With school, work, and Taekwondo, there is just not enough time for a birthday celebration this evening. So we celebrated on Sunday. But today I am going to do a Ten on Tuesday all about Jeremiah and some funny things he does. Here we go...

1. Now he can't hold it over me that I am older! I am 5 weeks older and for the last 5 weeks he has pointed out every chance he could that I am older. So now we are even.

2. He thought a blood blister on his hand was some chocolate and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't come off when he licked it. We are still laughing about that one.

3. He just told me this morning that he has a children's birthday song in his head from a few days ago. It's kind of an annoying song. It's funny that it's still in his head.

4. The girls made awesome homemade birthday cards. They gave them to him this morning since he had a 2 hour delay. He also took Jamie to school today which made her pretty happy.

5. He started teaching a new class this week. He really likes his job. There are about 6 classes a year. It's a bit easy-going compared to his last few jobs. He has time to get to the gym a bit more without having to take out of our family time. That makes me happy.

6. Speaking of the gym, Jeremiah has lost about 20 lbs. He was detemined to lose 30lbs by Jacob's birthday. He is well on his way. You gotta love a husband that will gain weight with you during your pregnancies. Jeremiah has never failed!

7. Jeremiah is an awesome dad. He loves the kids and loves to play with them. He teaches them silly things like their butts will fall apart if they dig in their belly buttons. You would be surprised how well that works to get them to not put their fingers in weird places.

8. Last night he had Jacob laughing so hard that he was trying to kick Jeremiah away. Well after Jeremiah would stop tickling him, Jacob was still laughing hard. I love that laugh.

9. He has been trying new things that I cook. Anyone who knows Jeremiah, knows how much of a big deal this is. He's tried pumpkin soup, chicken and wild rice soup, brisket, and a chicken broccoli skillet dinner just to name a few. He's liked them all. Just think of all he would be eating now if he would have done this from the beginning of our marriage 8 1/2 years ago!

10. Happy Birthday, Jeremiah. I hope you have a wonderful day. I love you.

7 comments:

Megan's Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jeremiah!..Hope you have as wonderful a day as you are a wonderful person,father, husband, AND son-in-law!

Samantha said...

Happy birthday, Jeremiah. And I'm SHOCKED about the pumpkin soup. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jeremiah from all of us in Sunbury,Pa!!!!!
Did you enjoy your annoying Birthday card?!!?HAHAHEHEHAHAHEHE!!!

Love Ya Lots!!!

Susie PSU said...

What a lovely post! Thanks for all of the insight to Jeremiah...

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! And we're not laughing at you, we're laughing with you :-) Thanks for sharing some fun stuff!

Katie said...

OMG Jeremiah we are so proud of you!

Although Wallis wanted me to tell you that he doesn't really believe you actually ate any of those items, and he's a little skeptical on the 20 pounds too. (-:

I believe you though! Happy Birthday Jeremiah!

J.J. said...

OMG jeremiah, trying new stuff...what are you growing up or something!?!? say it isn't so! megan's just trying to get you ready to come to our house in june:) happy birthday old friend:)