We have been keeping a huge secret for some time now. It has been killing me to not tell the kids what was going to happen. I gave them hints all week. For example, "This is the best thing to play with EVER". Jamie piped up and said, "Well that's Pop Pop!" Then I showed them the comment he left three posts down stating that he wondered what the surprise could be. Thank Goodness he left that commnent!
Yesterday was the big surprise. It was driving both of the girls crazy not knowing what it could possibly be. Jamie, Jacob, and I dropped Mazie off at school and proceeded to drive to pick up our surprise. All the way there I kept asking Jamie if she knew where we were going. She said "no" every time. Then we walked into the airport and she said, "Are we at the airport? What kind of surprise would be here?" This surprise, Jamie...
It was almost as if she wasn't sure she was actually seeing Pop Pop. This is an understatement-she was so happy.
Jacob didn't know what to think. I think he kind of recognized Pop Pop but was just not quite sure.
After showing Pop Pop the entire house and eventually spending some quality time in the basement, it was time to get Mazie from school. Pop Pop decided to make his way to the door but stay out of sight...
Then when Mrs. Andrjeski opened the door and the kids came filing out. Mazie noticed me and then noticed Pop Pop.
She was shocked, to say the least. It was the best surprise ever and I am so glad we pulled it off. Now all is right with the world!






7 comments:
All is right in the world:)
Kristen
So sweet. What a great surprise!
I'm all teary eyed. I love happy reunions.
oh i am so glad that it worked so smoothly! almost your big day now, maz!
That is great! You sound just as happy to have him here as the girls looked. Have a wonderful party this weekend!
AWWW...warms my heart. I can't wait to meet the famous Pop Pop!
I LOVE surprises like that! That IS the best kind...I hope you all have fun at the party with Pop Pop!!
Post a Comment