Jacob, Jamie, and Mazie had a blast playing with their cousin, Benjamin. We don't get to see him nearly enough.
On Tuesday we headed home. Since we were delayed leaving Harrisburg, we missed our connection in Chicago. Our new flight departing from Chicago wasn't due to leave until 5:25pm. We arrived in Chicago at 9:50am. Thank Goodness Chicago has a play area for kids.
We didn't have much luck with the 5:25pm flight either. It was delayed until 7:40pm. We still didn't take off until 8:30pm which got us home in the house around 10:30pm. Needless to say, it was a long day. But we made it home and things went back to normal.Yesterday, Mazie's teacher sent home a note with all the students assigning them to play a game with their family. So we got out Hi Ho! Cherry-o and played a couple of games. I think it was a spirit thing for school. She was supposed to take an astronaut with her name on it back to school today and hand it in. I think the class with the most astronauts got something cool.
Tonight was Mazie's big date. After rescheduling it twice, it finally happened. She was so excited. We rushed home after school to get her ready. She picked out her prettiest dress and wanted her hair curled...
Jeremiah came to the door with 6 red roses.
Mazie answered the door with a huge smile. She was so tickled to see the roses.
Then it was off to dinner.
Jeremiah brought me a rose and Jamie a Hershey's kiss as well. He took Mazie to Macaroni Grill (her choice). She ordered for herself and got some ice cream for dessert. The server asked why Mazie was so dressed up. Mazie said, "we are on a date". The manager came around to see if everything was to their liking as well. Mazie thought all the attention was pretty cool. At the end of the meal, the server told Jeremiah that another patron had paid for their meal. He told Mazie it was probably because she looked so pretty. Mazie told me that it was probably because Jeremiah was so handsome.
I totally felt like Jeremiah was coming to take me out on our first date. Except he gave me only one rose and we went to Pizza Hut (but didn't stay because the wait was too long). And, yes, I fully intend to take pictures of Mazie's real first date (if I'm allowed, that is).











13 comments:
LOVE the picture of Mazie and her daddy walking to the car!
Stop making this pregnant lady cry. Thank God for blessing little girls with amazing daddies like Jeremiah.
My eyes are spilling over with tears, what a sweet date night. What a good daddy :)
I love that Jeremiah is doing this for your girls. it's one of the sweetest gestures I have heard of a daddy doing for his girls.
MAZIE RENEE, You look absolutely beautiful!....Every young lady, like yourself, should have an awesome Dad like you have!...Hope you had a great time!....I love you much....Gramma
Mazie you look beautiful!!! I hope you enjoyed your date with your dad. Miss you.
That is so sweet! What a special gift to give his daughter!
AWESOME NEW BANNER...just love those sweeties!
omg that is the sweetest sweetest thing i've ever heard. i love love that story. omg. i am right there with sam, making the pregnant ladies cry. oh you SO have to frame that pic of them heading out for their FIRST date. that will be so precious to her as she gets older. is this an annual bday thing??
I can't believe PopPop's little girl has grownup so much! Great first date! Cherish the memories!
that is just so darling! so sweet!
That is such a GREAT idea! Mazie will always cherish those memories!
What a sweet story! I wonder who paid for the meal...someone with a good heart.
Post a Comment