Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Wednedays with Jamie
Jamie is the complete opposite of her big sister in the boredom department. In fact, she doesn't seem to have time to do all that she wants to. Like making her crafty projects that are, of course, in her head and I have no idea how long they will take and never allow enough time for her to make them. Just for an example.
We only seem to have one problem. While it is obvious that Mazie is out of school by looking at the grocery bill, it is not so much with this one. Don't get me wrong, she eats. But when we have supper, like say for example tonight's supper was chicken in the crockpot, brown rice, and green beans which is one of her "I like it" meals, she decides to fight and not eat. She forced down a few bites of this and that on her plate but never ate and didn't get dessert because of it. Anyone want to offer some advice to get her to eat? She does have her dad's particular way of selecting food (READ: She's picky too). So we have that against us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love that last picture! Both of mine are picky. Here are a few ideas that we've tried: letting the kids pick out the veggie, serving at least one thing that I know they will eat, and having them try the number of bites that they are years old (Colin has to try 5 and Karina has to try 7). Good luck!
What can we say - that's our Jamie! She is just naturally picky and will probably stay that way for a while. I guess she is the same as most kids - when she gets hungry she will eat! But either way, we will still always love her and her cute smile.
yep they have to eat their number of bites for how old they are. i don't know how to get away from tying it all to dessert. i mean, how else to motivate them.
That's the thing. I had chocolate cake for dessert and she wouldn't even take another bite! We do the number of bites too. Thanks for the advice!
Sorry to be so late to leave a comment, Jamie.
You are such an amazing young lady and you always impress me by how young you are with how HUGE your imagination is!
I love you even if you are a picky eater like your dad!
I just love you because you are Jamie! Can't wait to see all of you at the end of this month!
Post a Comment