Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Chloe Turns One

Last weekend I had the opportunity to fly to Pennsylvania (by myself) and be at my precious niece's first birthday. After getting to PA (at midnight and without my checked bag-thanks United!), it was a quick night of sleep followed by a drive all the way to the Pittsburgh area (Canonsburg to be precise-a 4+hour drive) to see the birthday girl in action. With all that in mind, it was totally worth seeing her have a fantastic day!

Chloe was pleasantly entertained by a birthday balloon bringing on the most gorgeous smiles...
She does love her Daddy quite a bit and squeals of delight poured out of her when he was around...
See, told you, precious...
After some mingling, it was time for the big cake. Her first cake too. She just wanted to touch it...
She was actually very clean with the cake and most of it got into her mouth. She was very particular about sucking it all of her fingers. What didn't come off with her mouth, she let Dad wipe off so she could do it all again. When she got to her limit she started sharing with her dad.
And these two are completely smitten with their baby girl. Really, wouldn't you be?After a sugar-induced coma like state that you can only get from good cake,
Chloe was ready to open presents.
She is quite a ham when it comes to the camera...
As I mentioned before, my bags didn't make it with me, so she didn't get to open my presents but she seemed happy with the gifts she did open and ended with a loud squeal as if to say "thank you, everyone"!
Told you, she loves her some daddy snuggles...
When she wasn't giving kisses to the party-goers or snuggling with her daddy, she was putting on quite a show. This gift bag happened to have some clothes (and other things) inside. Her face was so priceless as if she was looking right at me saying, "Ok Aunt Meg, this has clothes. Let's get to the airport!"
Then she tried to run with the bag as if she was really considering going home with me...
For not seeing me since she was two months old, she seemed to take a liking to me. Maybe it was because I had the ipod with all the kids songs on it and I let her hold it. But I will just keep thinking her liking to me is because she loves me and we have a connection that only aunties can have with their only nieces!
Her favorite song was "Six Little Ducks" and she danced around the whole hall.
Oh, and she didn't mind giving me sweet smiles...
I'm so glad that I was able to be there for the big first birthday! (I was even happier to get back to my dad's house (another 4+hours trip) to take a shower and get into fresh clothes.) Love you, Chloe-we can't wait to all see you in July!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

those pictures are wonderful!!! can't wait to see the others. acutally you hadn't seen her since she was 3 weeks old not 2 months. nonetheless she definitely took a liking to you. i am glad for that. thanks again for sharing her special day with us. love you and can't wait to see everyone in july!!!

J.J. Killins said...

oh that song brings back so many memories:) alla loved it. anyway what an ADORABLE niece - how awesome that you could be there!

Megan's Mom said...

Great job,Megan!...Chloe does like the camera!....Love the story lines, also!..July can't come soon enough!

Amy said...

So glad you got to be there to celebrate! She is so adorable and I can definitely see a resemblance to your kids in her appearance!

Katie said...

Oh how nice! Sorry about the luggage problem. I agree with Amy, you can tell that she's your niece!