Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Spring Break: Part 2

This will be the last of our Spring break. Mazie spent some time working on her big Science Fair project over the break. While I will show more on this topic later, I will give you a sneak at her working... It's really a great project. I promise to give details and more pictures later.
Now on with a day at the zoo. It was our first trip to the zoo this year and we had a blast. Since the wind was howling, we decided to let the kids pick one thing each to see and we would spend as much time at that exhibit as they wished. With yearly passes, it's not a waste to go see one thing (or three). So Jamie picked the giraffes.
I just thought those two were kind of funny with their bums together.
Mazie chose to stop in the Budgie Buddies exhibit. The kids love feeding the birds and trying to get them on their sticks...
We surprised the kids with a ride on the ponies. This was Jacob's first time riding. He was so excited and did such a great job. He even told the lady that he was "three" and chatted with her.
It was Mazie's first time riding the bigger pony. She was a little scared but she did a great job!
And Jamie was an old pro on the same pony Jacob used.
Then it was Jacob's turn. He picked the primate exhibit. Jamie was pretty fond of this guy. It seem he was of her too.
They made faces at each other for a few minutes before we had to move on...
To where Jacob found a buddy to chat with. He even kissed the glass before moving on.
But really you know it was a good day when two of three kids pass out on the way home, right?
I guess Mother Nature decided Spring Break wasn't long enough because school was cancelled today. We had maybe an inch of snow this morning but the roads were pretty bad from what Jeremiah said from his drive to work. As of now, most of the snow is gone and will be in the next few days since it's going to be back into the upper 60s!

6 comments:

Susie said...

I believe giraffes are proof of God's sense of humor :)

Amy said...

I love that zoo and really miss being able to take the kids there! You hit up all of my favorites, though. Is Hayden's birthday buddy gorilla still there?

Megan said...

Yes, Amy, but he is so big. He is obviously the younger one in the group and smaller but so big compared to when he was born. I guess that's how it goes, right? That's funny you ask about him. The girls pick him out every time and say that he is Hayden's brother. I say, "well, sort of." HAA!

Megan's Mom said...

Great stuff you do out there!....Can't wait for the "project" to be viewed...always loved that stuff myself.
As for the "butt thing" going on with the giaffes...maybe the smaller one feels more securethat way?:-)
Ponies are great..yeah for the the riders!
Aww..the apes....gotta love them!
Sorry about the snow...It has been in the 80"s to 90's here in PA!..Big T-storms yesterday!

J.J. Killins said...

love looking at those and knowing where all that stuff is!!

Cathy Bolander said...

Your zoo trip looks fun & I love the idea of visiting only 3 exhibits. My boys don't quite get this concept yet. We actually went yesterday. So fun!