Friday, April 16, 2010

Jacob's Day

This boy has been a riot lately. He definitely speaks his mind.
We were playing outside on evening. I came in to prepare for bathtime and Jacob decided to join me a few minutes later. He walked over to me saying, "It sure is quiet in here!"

While playing in the basement, the girls decided to get all the play instruments out. And play them all at the same time. What I pictured in my head while this was going on was Burt from Mary Poppins. Anyway, Jacob wasn't crazy about the noise so he came upstairs. When he got to the top step, he slammed the basement door, looked at us and said, "They are too loud. I need to read my book." He had a book, went to the couch, and "read" quietly.
On top of being very considerate of our extended family's feelings (read the Ten On Tuesday post about the newspaper), he loves everything that comes from them. For example, while coloring in a Cars coloring book he asked who got it for him. I told him that it came from Gramma. He closed it up and gave it a hug and kiss and said, "I love it. It came from Gramma." And there was an outfit (Penn State, of course) that came from Pop Pop for his birthday that he was wearing and commented, "This is so comfy. It came from Pop Pop. I love it".
I made brownies from scratch a few days ago. When I cut them for dessert and handed them out, Jacob said, "This is the best sert ever!" He really loves brownies.
Happy Friday!

5 comments:

PopPop said...

What a joy to have such a considerste, caring young man! He is much loved!

Susie PSU said...

Hooray for Penn State outfits!!

Gramma B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gramma B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gramma B said...

I love you, too, Jacob Isaac Stahr!