We had a nice but busy day today. We started out by going to Los Angeles Zoo. Let me start by telling you that it was HOT! It was way too hot for the animals to be performing (never mind us walking around the park). When we left the zoo at 2pm, the car registered 113 degrees. I have to say that I have never been in temperatures of more than 100 before. TOO HOT! But here are some pictures of what we did see and the animals that didn't mind the heat too much...
This little guy was one of the girls' favorites. Jamie kept saying that he was "tiny". Then his mama and daddy posed for us and with the girls and Jeremiah...
At least the hippos had water and could submerge themselves in it...
Jamie really liked the rhinoceros. She made daddy pick her up so she could wave and say, "hi rhinononosos"...

Then we came home and Jeremiah got the pool ready while I got the girls in their bathing suits. What a way to refresh after the heat at the zoo!
After supper, the evening air was so nice that we decided to head to the park to play for a little before bath time. Mazie took off running, using her "outside voice", of course, and hanging like a monkey, as usual...

Jamie decided to try the hanging thing. She can stretch to reach the bar but never has picked her feet up before. I couldn't believe it when I saw her do it. I was so happy for her. She must have grown a little (or just got braver)! She was definitely proud of herself. The proof is in the two thumbs up...

So there you have it...our busy day. Have I mentioned that I love living at the beach with the cool ocean breeze? After today, it makes me love it more!







2 comments:
Love the giraffe pictures! one of my favorite animals! and great job jamie on hanging- quite an accomplishment there! (gotta trust your arm strength on that one!!!)
Post a Comment