Monday, March 22, 2010

Mazie Monday

Mazie thinks the "serious" photos make her look older. So she opts to not smile in a lot of photos I take of her.
She thinks she looks at least 10 years old, maybe even 12. I tell her to bite her tongue.
But I typically can say something that will get her to smile a for-real-smile. Not the "I posing for another picture" smile. The real "I'm smiling because I'm happy" smile.
And when she laughes a real laugh, she gets this little crimp in her nose that makes me remember when she would smile those huge gummy smiles as a baby.
Because when she was a baby and smiled those huge gummy smiles, she had that little crimp in her nose then too. And then I have to come back to reality and realize that we are at 8 and wonder how we got here so very fast.

6 comments:

Susie said...

They want to grow up so much quicker than we are ready for don't they??

Megan said...

Yes, Susie. And it seems that the older they get the faster they want to grow. It's driving me crazy. I just want her to slow down a little. Just a little.

Cathy Bolander said...

That smiley crinkle nose pic is adorable. And Mazie you should enjoy being young as long as possible. I wish I was young again.

Amy said...

Mazie, you look perfect just how you are (no matter what your age!)

8 is pretty great, so don't wish for those double digits too eagerly! :-)

Gramma B said...

Remember MAZIE...wishing to be older does not get you there faster...it only makes you cranky...so be happy where you are and do the best with what you have!...YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND SMART....and I love you the way you are!

J.J. Killins said...

oh i remember that crimp:) i can see you coming at me with that big smile, mazie moo.