Monday, March 15, 2010

Mazie Monday

This blog has been boring. So I've decided to try something a little different than the Tuesday/Friday posts you've been seeing around here lately. What better way to do that than to talk about the kids? Plus it gives me an excuse to actually use my camera and take pictures of the kids (even if they don't want the camera in their faces).

So today I will be posting only about Mazie. Things some of you may already know about Mazie, some new, others may just be pictures. Who knows? I do know that it will be only about Mazie. Maybe I will even let her post once in a while since she is so into this blog (and others too!).Without further ado, here is the first Mazie Monday...
Did you know she turned 8 years old? I know, I know, it's been over two months but it still shocks me when someone asks how old she is and I have to think and say, "Oh she's 8." Most people do not believe me. They think she is older. I know it's because of all the flowery words she uses to express herself. I mean, Mazie has to be older at school and use those words and behave like an older kid because she is in an older class. She has to listen with respect at taekwondo because that's what is expected of her. But, even though we have rules to follow here at home, she gets to relax a bit more and have fun. And when she acts 8, she is so 8. That would make sense to those who know that Mazie doesn't really act 8 years old a lot of the time. It also makes it hard for us parents. We forget that she is just 8 when she uses her big words and her big attitude and actually knows the rules and follows them...and then stands on her head in the middle of the living room and teaching her little brother to break his neck.Ok, that part didn't really happen but you get my point.
Here's to being 8!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Brilliant idea! It's amazing how quickly our kids grow and change- this is a good place to capture the in-betweens, Megan!

PopPop said...

That's Mazie, for sure! But that's why we love her just the way she is!

Cathy Bolander said...

That last photo is priceless. And it sure does look fun to be 8.

Amy said...

Mazie--you are awesome and I can't wait for the next Mazie Monday!

Gramma B said...

Love your idea...GREAT M&M day!
Mazie you are amazing!

Katie said...

I love Mazie Mondays!

Unknown said...

mazie's pictures are great! she is such a silly girl.