Friday, March 26, 2010

Jacob's Day

Today Jacob turned 3. Can you believe that? How does that happen?

Here's his official birth minute picture. 8:01am...Yep, he woke up about 20 minutes before. When he did wake up, he didn't call for me like usual. He yelled, "I'm free! It's Friday! I'm free". I was hoping that he would forget and we could just go on about our day as usual but he didn't.
He almost fell asleep watching a little Chugginton this morning. It's hard work turning 3, I guess.
But we really did have a great day. He was so excited when he got a few phone calls. His favorite part of today though was his cake. Jacob was happy to see his star with green peanut butter icing (who knew you could tint peanut butter icing and it looks like the color?) and three candles...
He was even happier when he could eat it...
He never even asked to open presents. He is going to wait until his party which is tomorrow! At bath time tonight I asked him if he had a good day today. His answer..."yep!" Happy #3, my sweet son. We love you!

10 comments:

PopPop said...

Very hard to believe that Jacob is a big three years old already! Have a great birthday and enjoy your special day - love you lots!

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!

Unknown said...

wow...big boy. can't believe it's been about two years since we've seen him. hopefully you got the text from josh wishing jacob a happy 3rd birthday!!!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob! We love you and wish we could celebrate WITH you. But know we're there in spirit!

Gramma B said...

Happy "3",Jacob!!!! Glad you had a good day....today will be an evan better day...PARTY,PARTY,PARTY!!! Lots of hugs and kisses to such a handsome dude!

Shamus said...

Happy Birthday Little Man!! Save some of that cake for your daddy.

Cathy Bolander said...

Happy Birthday Jacob! What a great cake.

Susie said...

TOo much fun! happy birthday Jacob!

J.J. Killins said...

Been thinking about you ALL weekend, Jacob! Happy THREE!

Katie said...

I can't believe how much older he looks since we were there in September. Crazy how that toddler to little boy just changes right before your eyes!