Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Five

1. Jacob and I cleaned out the Durango today. It desperately needed a good vac job and the windows were all hand prints. Jacob was such a little helper until he got hungry. He at least kept me company while I cleaned. He said in the way back eating his snack and chatting with me. It was nice.

2. I asked Jacob something today and he answered, "right, dog". I was so shocked that he called me dog. Then he was yelling, "mudder, mudder" and I looked at him and he smiled and flashed his blues at me. Like that made it ok that he was calling me "mudder".

3. Mazie asked me this week when she was going to start wearing a bra. After I started to breathe again, I answered not for a few more years. Then I went into my bathroom to hyperventilate.

4. Jamie sat outside today by herself and just played. One time I checked on her and she was sitting in the grass with one of their bug nets filling it with leaves. I asked her if she was making a salad for us for supper. She just laughed. I'm funny like that!

5. I still haven't posted anything of our big surprise for the kids that we did on Sunday. I just haven't gotten through all the pictures. I will post it by the end of the weekend. At least that's my goal.

Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

the bra comment is so funny. where did she get that from? can't wait to see what the big surprise was. have a good weekend!!!

PopPop said...

Come on, now- you had to know that question would soon be coming! No need to hyperventilate unless it is JACOB who asks you that same question!!

Megan said...

Carissa, she was "helping" me with the laundry. She was putting socks together while I was taking care of the other intimates. She grabbed my sports bra and asked the question. She also said, "I don't have to wait until they are like yours, do I?" and we both laughed because she looked down at her chest and realized that that would be a little while...
Dad, I did expect that question but when she was more like 10 not almost 8. I thought for sure I had a few more years...

J.J. Killins said...

i can't wait to hear about the surprise! um, a bra? do you mean i only have a few more years til i get that question? oh i can't wait to see you guys!

Amy said...

Mazie wearing a bra?!?!? Yeah, that can't happen for a while! Can't wait to see you all!