Monday, September 14, 2009

Board Break-A-Thon

Our board break-a-thon was so fun. On Saturday the girls and I had breakfast and got ready and were really excited about going to Mr. Bigg's to break some boards. After warming up, we got right to it. Jamie was first.
She broke four of her five boards. The only reason why she didn't break her fifth board is because her holder accidentally broke it. It counted anyway. I guess he was a little excited too!
Then it was Mazie's turn.
She was so excited to break her boards. I don't think she was even thinking about it while she was actually breaking her boards.
Then it was my turn. I had done two of the board breaks before. The other three of my techniques were new and I had never even practiced them on boards. I guess my adrenaline took over because I broke all of my boards too.
Jacob was all about high-fives! They went all around...
The Master of our school showed off some of his cool moves...
And the Master of the Monument school showed some cool tricks as well...
That is an apple on the end of that sword. It hit me on the shoulder after he kicked it...
It's really a treat when the Masters put on a show. We do not get to see them show their experience too often. You can really see how much fun they have doing this sport when they perform.
So there you have it. 15 boards, 3 girls, and lots of wood pieces at the end of the day. There is a slideshow of the rest of the pictures on the sidebar. More to come on the rest of our weekend...

7 comments:

Gramma B said...

CONGRATULATIONS....STAHR WOMEN!!!!
Awesome job!

Unknown said...

congratulations to all of you wonderful ladies!!!

J.J. Killins said...

AWESOME Job Stahr girlies:)

Katie said...

Woohoo! You guys are awesome!

Cathy Bolander said...

What a great job. Hope there was a delicious cake waiting at home to congratulate you! You deserve it!

PopPop said...

Great job, girls! So proud of all of you!

Susie said...

Way to go, Ladies!!