School craziness:
1. Mazie's teacher, Mrs. Jordan, was transferred to another school in the district to teach first grade. Since Mazie's third grade class had a low enrollment this year, they pulled her teacher. This meant that she had to switch to one of the other third grade classes. So last week, there was a little "moving party" and the kids switched to their new classes. Mazie's new teacher is Mrs. Edwards and she seems just as fabulous as Mrs. Jordan. Mazie clicked with her right away. Mazie says she acts like JJ and looks like that other friend of ours with the little girl who has a name of a state. After finally figuring out what she was saying, she was talking about our friend Miss Samantha with her daughter (Caroline). We haven't seen her since we moved here (except on the blogs) so it was pretty funny that she thought of that. The funny thing is is that Mrs. Edwards does look like Samantha. I will find out soon if she acts like JJ!
2. Jamie has been having an adventure with school as well. Monday she came home and told me she had a letter addressed "to the parents of me". So I opened that letter and it stated that they would be splitting her morning class and that she may or may not be staying with her current teacher. We were to write a letter stating why she needed to stay with her teacher if we thought it was necessary. Well, if any of you really know Jamie, you know that it takes her a little longer than most kids to warm up to people. We went to work writing a letter to the principal. Tuesday Jamie came home with another letter addressed "to the parents of me" and it stated that she would in fact be staying with Mrs. Shumaker but moving to Room 9. Jamie was all about moving to Room 9 because that is Junie B. Jones' kindergarten room. She was happy that she was staying with her teacher too. She went to her new room for class today and she said it was thrilled that she had her very own desk with all her supplies in it, just like Mazie's! She thinks it is just like the big kids' rooms. The old kindergarten room has tables.
3. Today was picture day. One month into the start of the year and they are already taking their pictures. So I was able to get a couple of shots of them before leaving for school today...

And Jacob, of course, had to get in on the action and stand right between his beautiful sisters...
So hopefully school will settle down now and the kids will stay where they are and that's it!
Home craziness:
1. So last week, somehow, I got all the back to school germs and was down for the count for a few days. This was on top of the girls being off last Monday and Tuesday because of reading assessments (which went very well). So I had all three kids at home while I was unable to do anything. There really should be some force of nature that doesn't allow moms to get sick. Am I right? I am back to normal now. It really only lasted a few days.
2. September is going to be a busy month for us. All kinds of fun things going on this month that I can hardly contain my excitement!
3. This weekend happens to be a nice long weekend. We have a cookout planned (anyone want to join us?) and, of course, the balloon classic. So check back next week for more on that.
4. Our board break-a-thon is next weekend. If you didn't donate and can, please do. It's a really great cause (see the sidebar for more information). Thanks to those who have donated. We really appreciate it.
5. We have lots of friends coming at the end of the month because of the big 10th reunion. The '99ers will be here celebrating and I can't wait to catch up!
6. Our littlest Stahr has been doing an awesome job with potty training. He is successful most of the time and is starting to really initiate going on his own without me prompting him. So to treat him we have a special day planned. We took the girls to Disneyland for their treats. Mazie was able to tell Cinderella her successes and Jamie told Pooh. I hope Jacob remembers to tell this special "person" in a couple weekends and isn't just in shock! I'll leave it at that.
So to relieve some stress, I turned to baking. I made a lot of home made whoopie pies today. I've never made them at this altitude before so I was a little worried that they wouldn't turn out but they look yummy. Jeremiah was the official taste-tester and said it was good. So there you go. I'm sure they will be gone by the end of the weekend. I am planning on making a new chocolate fudge cake tomorrow. I'll let you know if it beats the old recipe.
Here is Jacob watching his favorite movie, Cars. I love this picture because he purposely went up the stairs and into his room by himself to get his blanket to have for the movie. He is rubbing his corner (one of the corners is his favorite-although we think it changes when we try to give it to him at night) on his cheek because it is soft.
Ok, that should do for now. Have a happy weekend!
8 comments:
Wow--you guys have been busy! Can't wait to see you in a few short weeks. . . only 3 more to go!
I really missed your blogging and glad you are back!Sorry you weren't feeling well! Glad all the "moves" in school went smoothly!.....about the whoopie pies....banana or pumpkin with peanut butter filling are superb!...Can't wait to hear who the "special person" is for Jacob!Pictures are fab, of course! Get that camera ready for the '99ers week celebration :-)
yeah!!! i really missed you guys. the girls are getting so big and grown up looking. jacob is just too cute for words. have a wonderful weekend and look forward to next weeks blogs. love everyone.
So glad to hear that the girls adjusted so well to all their unexpected changes at school. Keep up the good work, Jacob! Hope all of you have a nice weekend. Enjoy your cookout. Miss you all!
Glad to hear that school is going well. Mine haven't even started yet! Wish we could go to the Balloon Classic with you guys again this year.
oh i am DREADING the back to school germs! ewwww. can't wait to see you! i wonder if fisher would like CARS - when did jacob sit thru a movie? later than the girls? fisher sat thru 15 mins of sesame street today and actually CHUCKLED! ha! anyway, i am delighted that mazie's teacher acts like me, i'll take that as a compliment, and mazie i CANNOT WAIT TO SQUEEZE YOU!
I can't believe Mazie remembers me! Her new teacher must be a real beauty. :) Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!!
I love Jacob's foot in the last picture. Good job on potty training. YOu are braver than me.
Post a Comment