Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

Just a few things to catch up on this Wednesday.

1. I need to clear up the Easter gifts. Those ipods for the girls came from Peter Cottontail in Pennsylvania (aka: Pop Pop). The girls wanted them and Jeremiah and I were considering getting them for our trip to Hawaii so we didn't have to lug all the cds and players. Now we don't have to get them because they are already here. And the girls love them! Our gifts were not so perfect. I made their canvas bags (again thinking of our trip to Hawaii so they have something to put their plane activities in instead of my carry-on), a stuffed animal, and the candy, of course.

2. Jamie and I are taking a Mother/Daughter weekend this weekend. Tomorrow we are leaving for San Antonio, TX. We are going to see my nephew graduate from basic training at Lackland AFB and then hit the zoo or swim at the pool or just relax together. It should be fun.

3. So there would be no jealousy over this trip, Mazie is going to go shopping with me when I go for my new clothes. I am sure to get some really cool things if she is along. She is certainly my girly shopper. And, I am pretty sure we will be going to several stores.

4. Have you noticed the new background? Jamie asked if I would change it since Easter is over. She also wanted to pick the new background since her birthday is coming soon. Two weeks from tomorrow be exact. I am reminded daily of said birthday. Daily.

5. While Jamie and I are away, Jeremiah is going to try the potty training thing with Jacob. He trained Jamie and was so patient with her. I figured since they have the same parts, it might be easier if he trained Jacob, too. We will see how it goes.

6. Jamie has been napping again. Unofficially, that is. She does not take naps according to her. She just dozes off in the chair for a hour or so every afternoon. Naps, for those of you who don't know, are taken in bed and not in chairs!

7. Next weekend, there is a master's challenge with taekwondo. The girls have talked me into doing it. I am going to be breaking three boards. We will all be coming home with medals too.

8. Jamie and I were working on her sparring techniques for this test. I was explaining to her that she has to do a backfist to the groin. Jamie said, "What is a groin?" Not realizing that no one has ever explained that to her and she was just doing the backfist down and not really knowing where she was supposed to hit, I told her that if she was sparring a boy she would be hitting his penis. She stopped me and said, "Why would I want to touch that?" I laughed so hard. Keep thinking that until you are 30, my sweet girl.

I think that catches me up now. I may check back in on Sunday after we are home and catching up with the rest of the fam. Have a fantastic weekend!

8 comments:

A.K. said...

oh yes, San Antonio- the 2 1/2 hour drive from home where we take our pilgrimage in order to finally get to a target, a whole foods, a trader joe's, and a starbucks! ENJOY!

Susie said...

I love kids' innocence! Enjoy your weekend getaway!!

Amy said...

Your trip with Jamie sounds wonderful--what a great idea! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Cathy Bolander said...

Have fun with Jamie mama. What a great trip. Just you & your girl.

Shelley said...

Lol! That Jaime cracks me up! Have a fabulous weekend!

J.J. Killins said...

i cannot wait to see pics from the trip!

Katie said...

What fun plans you have! A weekend with Jamie, shopping with Mazie! I want to come! :-)

Excellent response Jamie!

Sara said...

Cant wait to hear how potty training goes. I might have to do my Jacob too.