Friday, April 24, 2009

Fabulous Friday Five

It's fabulous because we have had Spring like weather all week and I enjoyed it! We are supposed to have some colder weather this weekend.

1. Tomorrow the girls and I are going to my first Masters Challenge. The two masters are going to be doing a demonstration for us. It will be neat to see. Also I will be breaking my first three boards. I wish I had the girls' confidence. They know they are going to break their boards and are not nervous. Mom isn't so sure about her skills yet.

2. I made goal weight. I have been sitting with it for a while just to take it in. I was getting to the point of thinking it would never come and it did. The first thing I did was order this dress. My first part of my shopping spree!

3. My dad emailed me today and said he bought sunglasses and is now ready for Hawaii. The girls got a kick out of that which made Jacob laugh too. I know he had no idea why he was laughing but it was funny all the same.

4. Mazie has been walking home from school all by herself for the last week. Really, it's with the neighbor girl but without me. I have been pacing back and forth from the door less as the week went on, realizing she was just fine. This growing up thing is hard work!

5. Jamie had her kindergarten screening yesterday before school. The teacher who was screening her was the all-day kindergarten teacher. She asked me if I was planning on putting her in all day and I said, "No because I don't feel she needs it." (nevermind the extra cost) The teacher said, "Good, she doesn't need it. Kindergarten will be easy for her and she will do well. She reminds me a lot of Mazie. Whatever you are doing with your kids, keep it up." I would love to take credit but I'm not sure what I am doing. They've been easy kids and have picked things up kind of on their own. She also said that Jamie will most likely be in the morning class. This makes me happy since Jamie still naps in the afternoon (unofficially, of course).

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Megan's Mom said...

Good Luck at teakwondo tomorrow!....Love the dress and can't wait to see it on you!
Keep up the good work with the kids.. they will all be very sucessful at what ever they chose to do in life because of that!

Cathy Bolander said...

Congrats on your goal weight. Pretty dress. I bet it will look great on. Good luck tomorrow. I'm impressed. I can't even imagine trying to break a board.

Amy said...

Congrats on your goal weight! Yay! Can't wait to see a photo of you in that dress. . . Jeremiah better have some plans for a big date night!

Good luck tomorrow--you can do it!

Shelley said...

Can't wait to hear about the board breaking!!! Pictures too?

This spring weather has been wonderful! Although, the project list is now piling up!

Way to go Jaime!

J.J. Killins said...

yay for you!!! big congrats!

i HOPE alla gets morning kindergarten when the time comes. afternoon is stupid:) sorry, mazie, i know that's a bad word.

cannot wait to see you in the dress - megan wears short skirts, she dares wear short skirts, megan wears short skirts:) ha! beautiful!