Monday, April 06, 2009
Spring Break Recap
So I left you all hanging with that last post and I've got some explaining to do. Really, Spring break wasn't all that bad. It was just two weeks of all the kids being home all the time with Mother Nature not really cooperating so well which was a little stressful to mama! Don't get me wrong, we definitely had our share of attitude...
But mostly it was pretty great. Jacob did enjoy the extra attention from his big sisters, especially if they were reading to him and he was in charge of flipping the pages (which made for interesting stories).
During naptime, the girls were able to break out the paints and get to work in dad's old shirts...
Then came the weather. The kids found it fun to watch the hail and snow at the same time. Jacob kept saying, "Oh no, balls! Hit door!" at the top of his lungs.
After the hail, it was safe to go outside...
Within 5 minutes, Jacob was ready to come in. He was not happy about the cold. So when the girls came in and had some hot chocolate, they decided to make their famous fort and play tea party with Jacob...
+of+IMG_0017.JPG)

So, really, the entire break wasn't bad. We just had some parts here and there that were a little, well, stressful. The photo in the post below really did happen. The girls were fighting or arguing about something and were sent to their timeout spots. Jacob was just being supportive and joining them. I have to say though that he could have been put into the corner with his little attitude. It's been a little much lately. I'm just glad it's back to normal this week. Mazie was all too happy to get to back to school and Jamie is ready for tomorrow when she can go back too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
glad you had fun- i bet momma's glad for everyone to go back to school as well!
i hear you - two weeks is TOO much! maybe next year we need to plan to meet up to entertain these kids huh?
I can't get over the fact that you have snow & hail in April. WOW! And I love the photo of the kids in the corner. Hehe!
I knew you kiddos weren't in THAT much trouble!:-)
Great imagination with the paint and tent!
Love the way you ,together, take good care of Jacob.
Spring us coming!
Taking a second look at this posting,it looks like that is a very serious conversation going on with Jacob on the first picture....so cute!
Post a Comment