Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday Funnies

Today was an interesting day in my parenting world. I said something to Mazie that I never thought I would have to say (or at least not for a long time). Jacob and Mazie were playing in the living room after supper. Jacob was trying to open Mazie's pants. I'm not really sure why. He seems to be fascinated with buttons lately. I was walking by and said, "Mazie you shouldn't let your brother open your pants." And then without even thinking about it this came out of my mouth, "Or any other boy." I was walking up the steps when I said it and she answered with an "OK" and continued to play. Jeremiah followed me saying, "Can you say that in a more stern voice into a recorder so I can play it over and over in her head for the next 20 years?" I had to laugh because it wasn't until then that I realized what I had said!

Jamie came home from school on Tuesday telling me that there was a new president. "But I can't remember his name because it is something funny. I can remember Bush because we have them outside." I told her that the new president's name is Obama. She said, "Oh, yes, I remember now. It sounds like that state." I said, "Alabama?" and she said, "yes that state. They sound the same." I was shocked that they even said anything about the president in preschool let alone how she was trying to remember the president's name.

Jacob and I went of a run this morning. It's been in the 60s around here and I just haven't felt up to getting outside to run until today. It was good. Jacob sang the whole time and was having a blast. When I stopped at the garage door, Jacob said, "run, mama, run". Like I was supposed to keep going. It was pretty funny.

Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

Jeremiah said...

I am very certain that I said twenty-FIVE years.... not twenty years...

:-)

Sara said...

Paul and I are laughing right now, only because we don't have girls. Be certain that I will be teaching my boys not to unbutton girls pants until they are married. So 2 down a few million to go. :-)

Cathy Bolander said...

That's good. I too will be teaching my boys. That's 3 more. And what a good motivator Jacob is.

Shelley said...

You've gotta love those days! And add Josh to the list of boys taught NOT to unbutton girls pants until they are married!

Shelley said...

By the way, thank you so much for linking my raffle! I have had at least one of your beautiful friends mention they came from here!

Anonymous said...

Precious moments and treasures to be remembered!

Amy said...

Maybe I'm glad I'm going to have boys! Don't worry, I'll be teaching him he shouldn't be going in any girls pants, either!

Glad you got a good run in with your little cheerleader!

J.J. Killins said...

oh so funny my friend. alla is obama's biggest fan. she LOOKS for him in the paper each day and then says 'i see obama!' she asked me when he was going to run for president again, and cut out a picture of him from the paper. she's fired up about him, i tell you.