Sunday, January 25, 2009

"That's not what Mommy says..."

or... alternate title:

"That's not how Mommy does it..."

Many of you have by now figured out where Megan's adventure is or have maybe even seen her there. I won't give it away for the rest of you just yet, but will let her post pictures of her travels when she returns.

In the meantime, I feel obligated to take our Family Blog hostage once again to explain some of the last 36 hours. Yes... all this happened in just the last 36 hours...

First, we got home from the airport. I was quickly told "Mommy lets Jacob eat his lunch on his tray." (that came from Mazie).

Then it was Jamie's turn. "Mommy lets me skip naps sometimes. I don't want to take a nap today."

Then.. yes, Jacob joined in too. As I was carrying him up the stairs for nap, he was saying "Mamma... mamma... mamma..." I said "Mamma's in XXXXX." His automatic reply: "Oh man..." When he woke up... "Mamma?" "Mamma's still in XXXXX." "Oh man..."

There were many.many.MANY more of these moments, but breakfast this morning topped them all. I asked Mazie what she wanted for breakfast. "Chocolate milk, a waffle with butter, and uhh... a brownie. Mommy lets us have a treat after breakfast sometimes..." REALLY? Am I THAT much of a sucker.....

I simply can't remember all the reminders or how-tos from the kiddos over the last day.and.a.half. I can say, however, that 3 happy, dressed, fed, bathed (and teeth brushed) children are sound asleep. Right on time, even. I enjoyed the time with them, but miss my wife tremendously (and no, not just because she takes the bulk of dealing with the kids). We're all looking forward to seeing her again tomorrow.

I didn't do everything Mommy's way, but we got everything finished - even with a few surprises for Mommy when she gets home tomorrow.

BTW: Sorry for no pix. I know, I know.... "Mommy would have posted pictures....." :-)

8 comments:

Amy said...

Very cute, Jeremiah! You're such a great dad. And, boy, do I feel out of it. . . I didn't even know Megan was going anywhere! Can't wait to see where she's been!

Megan's Mom said...

Good job on the posting,Jeremiah!
Just absolutely priceless on the "mommmy way"!....and the "oh man"...so cute!
BTW....you need a come back for those days like "but THIS is the way I do it!"...then give them all a hug or two!;-)

Cathy Bolander said...

Jeremiah you are so sweet for giving Megan the chance to get away on her own.

Megan said...

I have to say that Mazie was pretty quick with her "Mom lets us have a treat with breakfast" thing. In the kids' defense, they are used to it being a certain way. That just happens to be "mommy's way". When you are used to it, your used to it.

Jeremiah had no problems with the kids. In fact, the house was pretty clean, the kids were not injured, I had surprises everywhere, and no one is sick. I'd say that is really great for your first time with all three kids for a few days. I did start to get home sick last night. So I wouldn't have been able to stay away any longer. I did have a wonderful time and I do have an awesome husband to allow me the time to take for myself. I will give details on my lovely weekend soon.

J.J. Killins said...

wish i could have joined her!

Susie said...

Mommy, er Megan, post some photos!

Samantha said...

Jeremiah, you are a cutie.

Katie said...

Thank you Jeremiah for doing this. It meant the world seeing Megan there on Sunday. And I was sooooo surprised! Tell Mazie, Jamie and Jacob thanks for letting her Mama hang out with us for the weekend. We all loved seeing her!