Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Ten On Tuesday

1. Ok, running friends, what constitutes one as a runner? Jeremiah and I were joking with each other this weekend that we are either runners or wannabes. We spent a whole lotta money at the Colorado Running Company downtown. I needed new running shoes and a hat (since my hair is way too short to stay in a pony tail) and Jeremiah needed some cold weather running gear (also a hat for his bald noggin) since he will be running the winter series starting on Saturday.

2. We also have become members of the Pikes Peak Road Runners and have a subscription to Runners World magazine (thanks, Amy, I love it!). In last month's issue, we learned how to tie our shoes better. Very interesting stuff.

3. Jeremiah's birthday is on Thursday. The day I like to call "the day he can no longer hold it over my head that I am older"! I have to figure out a shortened saying for that. For 5 weeks he gets to tell anyone who will listen that I am older. January 8 is when that stops until my birthday again.

4. Mazie's birthday party is on Saturday. She wanted to have it a her taekwondo center. Good for me because all I have to bring are the kids and the cake. No clean up after! She wanted to show her friends what her taekwondo is all about. She is super excited about her party.

5. I thought it would get easier for me as Mazie gets older. I had a hard time when she turned 5 and then I figured it would get easier. I don't know why I thought that, I just did. It isn't really. Is she really turning 7? How did that happen?

6. Jacob has become a master of using his fork. He was only using it for his meat because it would stay on the fork. However, in the last two weeks, he has managed to figure out how to poke noodles and veggies without any help from mom or dad. Although if he needs help, he say, "Hep pweese" with a huge smile.

7. Jacob has also managed to figure out how to drink out of a sippy cup. This may not seem like big news to you but it is around here. The girls never got the hang of them. They just used bottles with straws. I wasn't really holding out high hopes for the boy to do it. He has figured out to tip the cup up to get the water out. Must be because he sees the girls drinking out of big kid cups at the table.

8. Jamie had a wonderful first day back to school today. She really missed school with the two week break. She learned about dinosaurs today and wouldn't stop talking about what she learned until it was time for nap. (read: mama heard a lot of dino talk-my head is still swimming). I love that she gets so excited about such things.

9. We picked up Jamie's kindergarten registration packet today. She was so excited to see the packet of papers. She can't wait for "real school" to start. This is what she's been calling school that is not preschool.

10. I have 5 lbs to go. That is 2lbs until I reach 60lbs and 3 more until I reach goal. It helps to break it up that way, makes it not seem like that much to lose. 5lbs isn't a lot to lose but I will tell you that these last 5 aren't coming off without a fight either. They will be off by January 24 (the day I started this journey in 2008). They want to fight, I will fight. Bring it on, I say! Something about it being a year of change that has me inspired.

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Holliday Family said...

oh my gosh, 60lb is awesome!!!!!!! well done!!!

A.K. said...

what an accomplishment! congrats!

a true runner: you like it, regularly run at least 2 days a week, and have some cute outfits due to it!

Shelley said...

I would absolutely classify you are a runner! You are a true inspiration!

Dre said...

Megan- I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!! 60 pounds!!!! WOW! i am so happy for you! you are beautiful.
xoxo dre

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the weight loss - you do look awesome! Glad to see the girls excited about school and the upcoming birthday.
Way to go, Jacob! Love to all!

Susie said...

Bring it On- I love your optimism- you will be triumphant :)

Megan's Mom said...

Awsome, Megan! You are everything everyone has mentioned and you deserve praise for your hard work!60# is alot of work!
Great "T.O.T"...Love to all