Sunday, January 04, 2009

Family Time

We had a wonderful New Years day. We had our traditional pork and sauerkraut for good luck. And, yes, I do make two pork roasts because one has to be without sauerkraut. I would love to know some of the good luck traditions you have in your New Years meals. We had the Egberts join us for dinner. Preston decided that he loves mashed potatoes...
We also were able to celebrate Rachel's birthday. Cake + kids singing = happy memories!
At the last taekwondo test, Jamie was invited into the black belt club. I was so excited for her to graduate into the black belt club that on her graduation day I forgot the camera. I did get a picture or two on the cell phone but they just weren't clear. So Jeremiah took the camera along to her first class in the black belt club. She is still the smallest in the class but she does very well. I think blue looks good on her. What do you think?
We received lots of boxes of gifts for Christmas. Boxes that were not just filled with gifts but also filled with packing peanuts (I hate those things!) and bubble wrap. Bubble wrap is a fun thing for the kids to get lost in for about 20 minutes and it's not too annoying to the parents. Today I let them have a few sheets and they went to town...
They hammered the bubbles, jumped on the bubbles, twisted the bubbles, all the while enjoying doing something together. It was fun to watch.

So tomorrow is back to work for Jeremiah and back to school for Mazie. Jamie and Jacob get to get reacquainted with the kids club at the gym. We are glad to get back to our normal routines. What about you?

7 comments:

Megan's Mom said...

Great day of fun you had...and a great posting!!....love seeing Preston eating mashed potatoes!..Happy birthday Rachel...What a beautiful cake! Yum!...Can't wait to hear about other traditions! Love to all!

Gramma B said...

Congratulations Jamie!!!!...Way to go!..you look beautiful in your new "blues"....Keep up the good work!...Love you!

Aunt Danielle said...

Sorry about the 'peanuts'!!! Glad that they were atleast some fun!!! In Alabama, we do black-eyed peas, corn bread and fat back. (still have some northern roots in me though-I've almost converted all here to mashd potatoes,saurkraut, and pork).
I'm very proud of you Jamie!!! Happy Birthday Jeremiah and Mazie-just incase I miss it this week.I love you all very much!!

Anonymous said...

Jamie- you look great in blue. Good luck with the black belt program. Jamie and Mazie - have fun in your return to school. Continue to do well, as I know you will. Love to all!

Shelley said...

Yep, back to the same old - same old around here too...Although Josh is protesting going back to school on Thursday, so we shall see...perhaps no more break for mommy...

Good idea with the bubble wrap!

J.J. Killins said...

you know i did not think i would be excited to get back in to the routine, thought we'd miss ron too much, but it's been just fine:) we do miss him, but it hasn't been the horrible day i anticipated. it's 4:15 and alla just decided right now to go to sleep! go figure!

rachel said...

You'll have to email me the cake picture! Fun! Thanks for a lovely time!

Good job Jaime!!