So I'm going to catch up today. It's an understatement to say that we've been busy. With the promotion (post coming later) and Thanksgiving being back to back, we are just recovering. Good thing there is a 2 hour delay this morning because of all the snow we recieved this weekend!
So here we go. I'm going to start with the fact that somehow in all this busy stuff going on Jacob became 20 months. I somehow missed the 26th because the promotion was that day and we had family here and baking. But here he is at 20 months...
So here we go. I'm going to start with the fact that somehow in all this busy stuff going on Jacob became 20 months. I somehow missed the 26th because the promotion was that day and we had family here and baking. But here he is at 20 months...
Very serious about his food (especially if chocolate is involved). Here he is eating a Pop Pop waffle. It is named this because Pop Pop geniusly invented putting chocolate chips on top of a waffle. And Jacob at 20 months is quite a helper. He loves to "vac" the floors and have a wipe to wipe down the walls and doors (because this is what he reaches) and he even helps Stahr Mam take her boots to her room...
This is how we (I really mean Jeremiah) cleans the boy after supper...
So there you go. He's a big boy and is getting bigger every day. Love you my little man!
Now onto Thanksgiving. This is what happened BEFORE the dinner was ready. I thought the family was supposed to fall asleep after the turkey?
Now onto Thanksgiving. This is what happened BEFORE the dinner was ready. I thought the family was supposed to fall asleep after the turkey?
And since the rest of them were lounging around (really, it was nice because they were staying out of the kitchen!), Mazie helped me fold the napkins. About a week ago, I made pom pom turkeys with the girls for the plates. We decided to try to fold the napkins into the feathers. Thanks to Jeremiah they turned out nicely. Napkin folding is not going on my resume!
Then my big turkeys tried the wishbone...
Mazie was sure she was going to win! Jamie was so proud of herself...
As I mentioned above, we have had snow around here since Thursday. I know, that's crazy. We actually got a majority of it yesterday (6 inches) from a storm that wasn't expected to hang around. Anyway, we got some playing in the snow time under our belts...
Also, since Susie was intrigued by the shoo fly cake, I will add the recipe. I don't normally give my dessert recipes out but this one is too good to not share.
Shoo Fly Cake
Ingredients:
4 c flour (I used wheat)
2 c sugar1 c vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
2 c warm water with 1 tsp of baking soda dissolved (soda water)
1 c Brer Rabbit baking molasses
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 F (375 if at altitude). Mix together flour, sugar, oil, and salt. Take one cup of this mixture and set it aside. Add molasses and soda water to the remaining flour mixture. Mix well and pour into a greased and floured 9 X 13 pan. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on the top. Bake for 45 minutes. Middle will sink a little as it cools.
I hope you enjoy as much as our guests did!
+of+IMG_0002.jpg)













6 comments:
i believe that's a PA thing, no?
you guys got some snow! wow! i bet it will be gone tomorrow?? :)
Yes, it is a german dessert with the molasses and so yummy! The snow has melted enough to make our streets safe again. It should be gone in a few days! Gotta love Colorado weather.
Happy 20 Months. Great post. I love the photos before dinner.
Your pom pom turkeys are too cute! I'm pretty sure if there were a super-mom award, you would get it!
I'm lovin' the snow here too! We ended up with about 12" in our yard, which was a very welcomed surprise!
See you next week!
I completely forgot that you don't share dessert recipes- I will count myself lucky, deary!
Cute turkey decorations!
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and a beautiful promotion ceremony. Thank you for letting me share it with all of you.
Post a Comment