Thursday, December 04, 2008

Birthday Info

So today is my birthday. I thought I would write a few things about myself that are fun to know.

I was born at 12:36 am on December 4, 1976. That happens to be 36 minutes after my dad's birthday.

I am on year and two days older than my friend Amy. Happy Birthday a little early, my friend.

Two years ago, I celebrated my 30th with a lovely party of my friends and family and didn't move around too much since Jacob was in my belly (and I was rather large).

I enjoy my birthday more now that I have children who are excited about birthdays. It makes it fun and makes me feel young.

Speaking of feeling young, I do not feel old. I am waiting for it to kick in, I guess. I have to remember that I was 25 when I had Mazie and add her age to that. It's silly, I know.

Jeremiah is taking me to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra this afternoon. I am so excited and can't wait to hear the lovely Christmas music.

The day I was born, my grandmother was in Florida. Every year on my birthday she would remind me of how long it was since she had been to Florida. I miss her.

I typically got gifts wrapped in Christmas paper when I was younger or I had to wait until Christmas and would get an extra something. Did any of you who have December and January birthdays have the same?

It is snowing here today and is pretty with all the white stuff.

Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

kristen said...

Happy Birthday! My birthday is even closer to Christmas than yours. Mine's on the 17th, only 8 days before Christmas. My presents were always wrapped in birthday paper, and we often waited to put up our tree until after my birthday.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Hope you have a happy and wonderful birthday.
Love, Dad

Shelley said...

Happy birthday friend! If it counts, you still look 25! Seriously!

You know, my birthday is the 20th of this month...I honestly don't remember EVER having presents in birthday paper! And the 'duel' gift was quite common....still is come to think of it! I have never felt gypped though...I love that the whole month of December is so magical. It feels like a month long celebration, full of excitement and anticipation.

Again, happy birthday! See you next week!

Susie said...

Happy Happy Birthdya, Megan!

My dad's b-day is the 26th of December, and when he found out Lauren's due date was that date, he told me that was the worst thing I could do to a kid- give them a December birthday.

But we're planning a pretty cool bash, I don't think she'll know the difference

Hey- Happy 32nd :)You make it look fun!

rachel said...

Hi Megan-
I am disappointed on your birthday. I had a great plan to bring your gift to you on my way to Preston's therapy today and the snow ruined the whole thing! I hope you won't mind a late present, as soon as they plow the roads and lay down some gravel! Hope you had a good day!

J.J. said...

happy birthday my friend! love you!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had the wonderful day that you deserve. And I appreciate the early wishes!

Cathy Bolander said...

Happy Birthday Megan! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Megan's Mom said...

Happy "32", Megan!...And...many more of them!:-)

Glad you had the experience of the Trans-O....Most amazing concert!
Love and miss you!

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday, Megan! Hope you have another year filled with blessings. : )