Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Here is a fun little flashback. This is from June 1995. Jeremiah and I both traveled to Colorado before he had to do his in-processing for the academy and basic training. One of our siteseeing things was Cave of the Winds. Goodness, don't we look so young?

2. Here we are 13 years later at the Cave of the Winds...

3. Jacob thinks he is top stuff around here having a hat like Pop Pop's...

4. We had a work lunch thing at the FamCamp at the Academy last week. I made this and there was not one piece left when it was time to leave!

5. Jacob was all about playing with the balls. He just wanted to throw them to see where they would go. Pop Pop had to chase after them, of course.

6. We have no toys for this boy. He has to play with empty boxes.

7. Actually it was quite funny watching this...

8. My last official weigh in at the center is tomorrow. I will not have to go somewhere to weigh myself after that. A counselor is supposed to call and set a weekly time to call. That should be interesting setting up a time to have a phone call once a week. It's not like I'm busy or anything.

9. School starts in two weeks (from tomorrow). Mazie has all her school supplies. We are so ready for school to start.

10. We are driving to the top of Pike's Peak tomorrow. It will be the first time I've been there since Jeremiah graduated from the academy. The girls are excited to show off "their" mountain to Pop Pop.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, I want a piece of that cake.

And oh my goodness yes you guys look like kids...which I guess at the age of 18 you really are.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy Bolander said...

You guys look like babies. So darn cute.

A.K. said...

your desserts always look fabulous but this might be one of the prettiest! looks delicious!

Megan's Mom said...

Can't wait to see the pictures from "their mountain top"!...I still say, "George and Henrietta" have aged well....they looked great then but even better today!I still think that love story of the two of you is the best!....cake looks good,too!

Susie PSU said...

Yummy cake! I saw a scale for sale today at the PSU salvage store - straight from a dr. office for $20!! A true bargain if you had somewhere to put it. And it even tells you how tall you are!

Susie said...

I was at the Cave of Winds when I was 13 I think- I'm gonna have to find that picture- ooh, fun memories-- you two look so cute way back then!

J.J. said...

oh i want that cake. is it the chocolate cake with chocolate chips ON it!??! heaven. love the pic of you two way back when:) i was there, too, dropping off my brother at the academy:)