1. Jeremiah is taking the rocks out of the edging on the outside of our yard. We are trying to let the grass grow all the way to our fence. Anyway, that means there are lots of rocks near the side of the house that we can take our dump truck to and have lots of fun...

2. Sunday was Doolie Day Out. We had three girls come and crash. I should say they came drained my cell phone battery, while it was charging, drained Jeremiah's cell phone battery, and then took mine back down to half way! Also they ate. I have never seen three teenage girls eat like that. I was expecting them to eat but, holy jeez, they ate! I'm not complaining. I was so excited to host these girls. I think their day here was just what they needed and that makes me happy. One of those girls is our cadet that we are hosting for the rest of their academy days.
3. We also had three little kids here on Sunday. A friend of ours was in need of some child care, unexpectedly. We volunteered to have them join our kids and it was interesting to put it mildly. We had two 6 year olds, one 4 year old, one 3 year old, one 15 month old, and one 5 month old. The two 6 year olds went head to head all day taking turns being boss...

4. Jamie had fun just playing and helping the three year old try on all the dress up stuff. It was fun to see Jamie lead role for a change...

5. I will say that we were both very smitten with the 5 month old. She was just so sweet and mellow. Jeremiah was a bit silly with a baby around...

6. Jacob just didn't want to eat breakfast in his seat the other morning. I figured he was just not hungry. When I realized his waffle was missing from the table, I went searching and found him just looking out the door and eating his waffle...

7. He was watching the birds. Can you see him signing "bird"?

8. My dad arrived today from his drive from Pennsylvania. He left Sunday afternoon and arrived just before noon today. Mazie asked if he was speeding. He said, "Just a little but don't tell anyone!" The girls have lots of things they want to do with Pop Pop over the next 10 days! Stay tuned...
9. I haven't updated lately on my weight loss. Susie reminded me in a comment she left in the last post (which by the way was very nice, Thanks, Susie!). I do feel great. I am running and enjoying it which are usually not together for me. I am down 4 pants sizes. I have lost 38 lbs which is more than Jamie weighs. I get measured tomorrow so I will let you know on that later. I have about 20 more pounds to go. I can almost see the end!
10. Speaking of losing weight, I was informed on my Monday weigh in that the center is closing. I will be called once a week by a counselor for a weigh in. I'm kind of upset by this because I feel that I really need that accountability to really succeed. Going into the center and stepping on the scale in front of an actual person pretty much guarantees that you won't cheat. At least that's what has been working in my case. So now, I basically have to do it on my own and that makes me a little nervous about being successful. I've come a long way and have a ways to go to get to my goal. Is this just all in my head? Can I really do this all on my own? Any suggestions or opinions on this out there?
7 comments:
Of course you can do it on your own. You are an amazing woman who can put her mind to anything. Think about what you already accomplished! How many people can do that????
Hi there, friend of Susie's here. I have lost 48lbs since end of last year and have about 5lbs to go until I get to goal (doing weightwatchers). It IS useful to go to meetings (I call it ritual humiliation!!) but you know, the ONLY person who can make you lose weight is YOU. So, of course you can do it. From what I know of you from Susie, and your blog, you are a beautiful smart woman, and you SO have all the skills you need to keep going. GO GIRL! (Hey, do you a deal, you keep going, and I'll sign up for a 5km run - which you've already got under your belt..)
Debs
oh you can TOTALLY do it because you have before so you know what it takes. and just saying that you can almost see the end means that you WILL see the end. we all know that.
so glad that your dad got there safely!
so impressed that you guys took on that many kids at once, but if anyone would, then YOU would be successful!
and...bird was alla's first sign! way to go jacob!
Yep, you can totally do it on your own!
There are alot of people out here in blog-land (and real life) that are rooting for you and here to support you!
Megan you have come so far & should be so proud of yourself. Your close to the end now. I feel for you because I feel like I couldn't pay my body to let go of my last 15 pounds. I'm using you as my inspiration so thank you.
I know you can do it... because I know how you feel now and how you feel about getting this far... You CAN do it. I know.
Oh Megan, I'm so behind on my favortie blogs--You are doing it and you are committed- I don't see why you wouldn't keep at it girl!
I just have to say that seeing those numbers are quite impressive-- once again, SO proud of YOU!
Post a Comment