The kids thought it was pretty cool the hippos came in for a swim. I, sadly, found out on Tuesday that one of these hippos passed away.
Feeding the birds was pretty popular this time too. Jacob was amazed...
I also finally got a picture of a magpie. I had to go to the zoo to find one but I got one anyway...
This is my very favorite picture of Pop Pop with the kids from the entire week he was here...
The girls also had to ride the ponies...
I think this was sweet. This ape was holding her feet while taking a nap. I tried to convince Mazie that she used to do that but she didn't buy it. Smart girl!
So there you go. Our week of sightseeing with Pop Pop. The kids have been bored all week, even with all of our normal activities. They can't wait until June when we see him again!




3 comments:
The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is one of my favorites as well. The Temple of the Shrine at the very top was totally awesome! The picture of all of us on the park bench is my favorite from the week also. By the way, your backdrop of Pike's Peak on your blog is excellent photograpy. I have been bored all week as well - June seems so far away! I thoroughly enjoyed the visit, seeing everyone again, and love to all!
We love the zoo too! We bought the kids a river rock with their names on it for Christmas, so a part of them will always be at their favorite spot.
oh finally the magpie! yay! i can't believe i didn't think of this! we have a little zoo like this, too! ok we're there:)
Post a Comment