Saturday, May 10, 2008

Busy Day

I know you all have been anxiously waiting for results of the big 5K from this morning. So here we go. First, I have to say that it was cold and windy and I really love that my littlest fans came to cheer me on...

Second, I finished faster than my goal time of 38 minutes, especially since I did have to walk for two minutes. I was so disappointed that I just couldn't make the wind disappear and keep running. I feel that if it wouldn't have been windy, I would have been able to run the entire 5K. But I did finish and am proud of that.

I want to thank all of you who cared about this. I appreciate all the support. Amy, for suggesting such a crazy thing for me to do and Rachel, for doing this with me, just to name two. It amazes me that there are people out there who care enough to push me to do better for me. So thanks, everyone! I barely caught my breath after the run before Amy let me in on the next 5K in June. Maybe I will have to redeem myself at that one?

Now on to our next item of the day, Mazie's Masters Challenge. Mazie has to get 4 star patches for on her uniform by the time she is eligible to test for her black belt. The Masters Challenge provides this but there are only two per year. So she signed up for the board breaking competition. She was able to break up to 3 boards and get a score and even a medal. Here she is presenting herself to the judges and asking for permission to break the boards...

Then on to her breaking. First, hammer fist strike.

She didn't break the first board. I think she needed it a little lower and she was only allowed three tries before moving onto the next board. The second was the elbow strike.

I think she was mad that she didn't break the first board and took it out on the second. It isn't a great picture but you can see the board actually break. Then it was on to the front snap kick. I don't have a picture of her actually kicking it but I like this one because you can see she was pleased with her last break.

Two out of three isn't bad because she still got great scores...

Mazie had to show off her broken boards and bronze medal.

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!

10 comments:

Megan's Mom said...

CONGRATULATIONS,MEGAN!!!!! I am so proud of you! Love that fan club of yours!:-)What a wonderful thing to happen for Mother's Day!....btw....HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!

Gramma B said...

CONGRATULATIONS, MAZIE!...THAT WAS AWESOME..Keep up the good work,I am so proud of you!...can't wait to see you in June:-)!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Megan!!! I used to run races all the time. I really miss its sometimes. Happy Mothers Day to you. I hope your little darlings are treating you well. Good Job Mazie on breaking the boards!!! Nice bronze medal. Hope to see you guys sometime soon.

J.J. said...

oh wow meg. i was just thinking i finally had a free moment to check in...i am SO PROUD of you! yep do another one, just to show yourself that it wasn't a one time thing, that you are really a runner! you go! maz...you are awesome! we'll work on finding some boards for you to break:) hee!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Megan! You have no reason to be disappointed - You set 2 goals: finish the race and do it in less than 38 minutes. You did both! Fantastic for your first time - sign up for the second one and show the rest of the world how its done!
Mazie, you are AWESOME! Neat medal and I am so proud of you. Way to go, girl!
Happy Mother's Day!

Susie said...

So proud of you, Megan- Super accomplishments for two super ladies!! Way to go beating your time- whoop whoop (think Aresenio Hall, k??)!

Amy said...

Megan, no "redemption" is necessary! You did great! Think of how far you've come in 3 months. I'm so proud of you!

Katie said...

Awesome Megan! Such a great role model you are to your girls!

Sara said...

Please forgive me for the lack of comments as my new computer had to be returned. The new one should be here tomorrow...anyway, YOU ARE AWESOME. So what, you walked for 2 minutes. It takes so much courage and strength to run a 5K, and still have some left over to raise your 3 children. Congratulations Megan. And Mazie, it takes so much discipline to accomplish what you have done, it seems you haven't fallen far from the tree.

erin said...

YAY FOR YOU! I am so incredibly proud of you. That's a huge accomplishment.

Remind me sometime to tell you about the one and only 5k I ever ran...when I got beat by Spongebob. :)