Walking into the living room to find this...
Yep, that's Jamie and, yep, she's reading. I mean actually reading, not already memorized the words and acts like she reads. She was sounding out the words and reading. I thought I was hearing Mazie feeding her the words (like normal)-she thinks she is teaching her to read when she does that-but Mazie wasn't near her. The funny thing-she wouldn't have told me she could do it if I hadn't caught her. That's how she has always been. I find out what she knows or what she can do. She doesn't make a big deal about it. Does this mean the arguing over who reads starts?
And this is how I hope naptime is going to be for the rest of the summer...
Mazie reading to me while Jamie AND Jacob are napping. We are reading Charlotte's Web. I figured that was a good one to start the summer. We are already on Chapter 7!
My Little Man is feeling much better...
The sparkle is back in his big blue eyes! I've missed that big smile. Happy Memorial Day weekend!

7 comments:
Way to go, Jamie!! I could tell at my last visit that it was only a matter of time before you would be putting sounds and words together. Keep up the good work! I am so proud of you. Hopefully you and Mazie will continue your love for reading Together! Good to see Jacob all smiles! Love to all!
Yay Jamie! I'm sure Mazie's "teaching" didn't hurt. That's awesome! She can come read to Hayden--he loves Dr Suess's ABC!
Good job,Jamie!...I knew it wouldn't take long with ALL the good "teachers" you have!...You can read to me when you get to PA!
Megan, what awesome pitures! Thank you!
So proud of you Jamie. What a big girl. And Mazie enjoying reading such a big book. Glad you're feeling better Jacob.
Awesome Jamie! I can't wait to read Charlotte's Web to Kelsea, I adored that story when I was Mazie's age. Glad to hear you're feeling better Jacob.
that's awesome! we started charlotte's web a few days ago, too! not enough pics for alla, yet, tho:)
Post a Comment