Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Wow! It's been almost a week since I blogged. We've been busy getting ready for a big vacation coming up.
2. Speaking of our big vacation. Does anyone else think we are crazy for cramming three different stops in three different states into two weeks? I think we will have lots of fun.
3. We drove under a rain cloud a few days ago. Mazie said, "what was that". I said, "it was a rain cloud and it was just squeezing out a few drops like a sponge." She said, "Oh, like when we have to squeeze our buns together so we can fit into a contraption?"
4. The funny part about that conversation above is that after 5 minutes of me laughing at what she said Mazie proceeded to say, "I don't really know what a contraption is." This lead to at least another 5 minutes of laughing.
5. I just love this beautiful 4 year old of mine. She is sweet but spunky and she still naps every afternoon!

6. I dropped Jeremiah's huge Costco-sized bottle of Head and Shoulders shampoo on my foot tonight. I split the top of my foot open. I am sure it will look just lovely with sandals!
7. Today I was invited to Mazie's school for King Author and the Knights of the Writing Table. The PTA sponsored a young authors celebration where two kids from each class were selected for writing a short story. They were pulled out of class for the afternoon to meet and author and share their story. The PTA even put a book together with all the stories and gave each of the kids their very own book. Mazie was selected to go from her class. So we were given a presentation on book writing by an author, which was pretty interesting to Mazie.

8. Mazie and her classmate, Gabe, posing with their books. They were so very proud of their short stories and the fact that they were in a book for others to read. Mazie worked very hard on her story entitled The Princess and The Flowers. Maybe we have an author on our hands?

9. This is what a 13 month old looks like who has a "touch of pneumonia and an ear infection". Sleeping, but no resting, all day. Jacob has had a fever on and off since Saturday. Neither of us thought much of it besides possible teeth pushing through. Today he woke from his nap with a fever after not having one all morning. So we go the urgent care at the academy and find out he actually is really sick. We figured we would have been sent home with a pat on our backs for being over-protective parents. Now with antibiotics, he will be good as new before we leave for our big vacation (see 1 and 2).

10. Today is my little brother's 29th birthday! Happy Birthday, Josh.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, Megan, you have your hands full! I hope that Jacob is feeling better soon. . . I think one of the hardest things about being a parent is knowing when to go to the doctor. Usually that "motherly instinct" kicks in, but I'm always second guessing. I'm so impressed with Mazie and her story--that sounds like a wonderful experience. And you do have a pretty great 4-year-old on your hands!

kristen said...

Get well soon Jacob!

Kathy said...

The buns thing was hilarious. I'm sorry about your foot - sounded painful! The ear infection thing... just a tip to avoid antibiotics - Wally's Ear Oil!!! Since we started putting it in our kids' ears, we've been ear infection free for 7 months. You'll love the stuff. Everytime they get water in their ears, or get the sniffles.... time for ear oil. They actually think it's fun! Maybe worth a try...

J.J. said...

well i think you're crazy BUT i'm glad we're one of your stops!! yay! feel better soon little one...we can't wait to meet you!

Susie said...

Oh your poor little guy- I hope he feels back to normal cheerful self soon!!

Megan's Mom said...

Megan,that sounds painful!...hope it gets better so you can run!...Mazie,simply AMAZING again! Bring a copy of your story when you come to PA! Maybe by then you will know what a "contraption" is!That is so funny!..Jamie,time for another story from you,also.You are such a cutie!..Hope Jacob feels better soon! Can't wait to see all of you in 2 weeks!

Katie said...

I'm impressed Mazie, you'll have to read Kelsea your story when you come and visit this fall!

And yes Megan your crazy, but we love you anyway. (-:

Hope Jacob feels better soon!