Punches
Kicks
This is something that I am especially proud of. One of Mazie's tasks was to break a board. They practiced in class with a plastic reusable board that was hinged in the middle for them to break. When we arrived at the center for the test, I saw a pile of wooden boards. I started to worry a little. Real wood? Are they crazy? Nothing Mazie couldn't handle, apparently. She broke her board into three pieces with one hit on the first try! I was so impressed.
I just like this picture. She was supposed to be sitting at attention watching the rest of the kids test. Instead, she looked back at me. I think it shows how proud she was of herself at that moment. When all the kids were finished testing, Master Lee (in the brown uniform) was speaking to the kids about the black belt club and how much of an honor it is to be invited into the program. Three kids from the group were invited into the program yesterday, getting new blue uniforms. Master Lee called Mazie to the front of the group and presented her with a certificate inviting her into the club. This was completely unexpected. We had an evaluation with her master last week. He told us that they would invite her into the program soon (but we had no idea he meant yesterday). So after we have another meeting with her master, she will be invited into the program and get her very own blue uniform. This is a very big deal!
Then it was time to present the new belts. The kids took off their old belts and, when called, came to the front to get their new belts and their certificate...
Mazie bowed (to show respect) and said, "KAM SA HAM NI DA, SA BUM NIM" which means "thank you, master" in Korean. When she returned to her spot in line, she congratulated her friend, Kenneth, which I thought was pretty cool. Kenneth keeps Mazie in check in class. They compete with each other. When one gets loud, the other gets louder, kind of thing...
With all that excitement, it was time to party. When we arrived at home, Mazie had an unexpected treat at the door. Pop Pop sent some celebratory balloons and bear...
The Egbert family joined us, all wearing yellow which Mazie thought was pretty cool, for homemade pizza and cake.
Here are Mazie's things from her test. Her board in three pieces, her medal from having more than 15 character stripes, her yellow belt certificate, and her invitation to the black belt club...
I wanted to add that yesterday was a completely beautiful day. Sunny and 72 degrees! Today, however, it changed back into winter. We have about an inch of snow now and a whoppin' 26 degrees. Like Jeremiah said, if you don't like the weather here in Colorado, just wait five minutes! But this is what we are doing today. Jacob is clapping while listening to his sisters play the piano on the vents...
And, the little monkey has figured out how to open the cupboard doors. I guess the locks need to be added now...
That's our weekend, how was yours?











8 comments:
Sounds like it was a busy, fantastic, celebratory weekend! Congratulations, Miss Mazie, for demonstrating to all of us that you have the ultimate capacity to do and to be whatever your mind so desires. May your successes in life forever continue. I am always and forever proud of all you do and I truly love the wonderful person you have become!
Congratulations on the huge accomplishment Mazie!!! I am very proud of you.
congrats Mazie! That's awesome!
Way to go Mazie! We are so very proud of you!
Mazie,I am so very proud of you! I know you will accomplish many things in your life because of your training with Tae Kwon Do class! Keep up the good work!...Love you much...Gramma
oh mazie we are SO proud of you!!! Those are such great pictures, too, mama!
Congratulations! I'm so sorry we weren't able to be there, but we're so proud of you, Mazie!
Hooray for Mazie! Megan, those pictures are beautiful of her... and so colorful. Fun post to see!!! Jacob sure is growing fast, isn't he?! It goes so quickly...
Post a Comment