Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Deceptively Delicious is just about the best cookbook I have in my kitchen. We've tried the macaroni and cheese with butternut squash hidden inside. The girls absolutely LOVE the brownies with carrots and spinach puree. There are many more but those seem to be favorites right now. I'm telling you, you really need to try it if you have picky eaters (and even if you don't). Jeremiah even eats these recipes-now there is some proof the purees are really hidden and you can't taste them!

2. We meet with Mazie's master (for tae kwon do) tonight to sign the contract for her to go into the black belt club. She is going to officially graduate into the program on Thursday. So check back for pictures.

3. School was closed yesterday for a teacher work day. So the Egbert kiddos came over to have some fun while Rachel took Preston to some appointments. I love that they like to play with my kids (and the other way around). They are great kids and so sweet.

4. Jamie has been getting out of bed as soon as she hears the garage door close when Jeremiah leaves in the morning. This morning that was at 5:55am. We have to do something about that garage door being so loud!

5. Jacob and Jamie have been napping in the afternoon at the same time. As soon as we get home from taking Mazie to school they both go for a nap until we get ready to get her. That is from about 1 until about 3:45! I wish I could make myself nap. These are from this afternoon's nap (taken after I already posted).

6. If you haven't notice, I got a new camera and absolutely love it. It is so much easier using manual with this camera as opposed to the PowerShot. LOVE IT!

7. I am going to take a camera class at ShewMakers to get a better idea of what settings I should be using when and such.

8. Speaking of my new camera, I was practicing focusing with the lens and just playing around with the settings. The girls were being silly, as usual. So here you go...

9. Playing with dad. I love that Jeremiah gets down on the floor and plays rough with the kids. They love it too. Jacob looks like he is praying (in between giggles) for dad to stop tickling.

10. Jacob has decided he can stand all by himself. Just let go of dad and stand. Look at him all proud of himself.

Then he topples over...

6 comments:

Megan's Mom said...

Great posting,Megan! Taking classes for the new camera is a great idea...what kind of camera is it?...(your shout out only shows the cook book again...BTW..is a good cook book!)Whatever kind it is, it does take awesome pictures...of course you have such awesome subjects!..(including Miah):-)Yea for Jacob!:-)

J.J. said...

he looks like jamie in that one where he's about to topple! i cannot believe jamie naps that long! well actually if alla would go down at 1, she'd probably nap til 3:45, too, but she's not usually ready til 2. and then still sleeping at 4 when i have to wake her.

Cathy Bolander said...

I too love that Jeremiah likes to play around the kiddos. Dads are great. Congrats again on the black belt club Mazie.

Megan said...

Sorry, Mom, about the camera link. It's right now. Check it out.

Susie PSU said...

I used to make Chris park in the driveway so he wouldn't wake Molly with the garage door...lol

Katie said...

Oh, we have that cookbook too, but we haven't tried any of the recipes yet. We'll have to start with the mac & cheese, and the brownies! Kelsea is a good napper too, and I REALLY hope she continues to be like Jamie!