Thursday, February 07, 2008

Greatest Auntie

I would like to introduce the newest generation in our little family. My nephew, Matthew, and his girlfriend, Erin, had a beautiful baby boy yesterday. Well, ok, really Erin did all the work. (sorry, Matt, get used to it) His name is Aiden Matthew and he weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. Both mom and baby are doing well. Here are some pictures that my sister, the newest GRANDMA, sent to me over email.

Dad and Baby Boy...

And Grandma with her new grandson...

This makes me a great aunt which makes me feel a little old. I think I am going to teach this little guy to call me Greatest Aunt Meg. That doesn't sound so ancient. What do you think?

7 comments:

kristen said...

I love the name. My aunt did the same things with my kids. She didn't want to be the "great-aunt", so instead she's Grand Auntie.

J.J. said...

congrats grandma jody!

Amy said...

I like Greatest Aunt! And those are pretty good stats on that boy. . . identical to Hayden!

A.K. said...

hah! i'm all for that name- what a good one! we have a grandmother at preschool that has her kids call her "sweetheart" instead of grandma!

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the add we appreciate everything. Don't worry we will send lots and lots of pictures. Give the kids our love.

Anonymous said...

I love the way you posted everything. Thanks for the good job!!! Greatest Aunt Megan is a wonderful name for Aiden to call you but it may take him a few years to get it right!!! We could come up with something a little shorter like taking the initials and making a word. Hmm, Gr for greatest, A for aunt and M for megan. What does that spell? Gee I don't know. Could that be a little confusing or just practice for your later years?? HeeHeeHee!!! Love ya!!!

Megan's Mom said...

Greatest Aunt is nice...so that must make me Greatest Grandmother?...I will give it a try....:-)but I do like the "sweetheart" title, too!