Today I can honestly say that we have a new official reader in the house. Mazie decided to take a book to the bathroom which is not all that uncommon but she decided to read the words instead of read the story that she remembered. She has most of the childrens books that we own memorized. Today, however, she was actually reading the words. She was sounding out the words and reading the story. She was so proud. She knew how the story was supposed to go which helped her with the words but she really did a great job of sounding out some of the tougher words. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She has been sounding out words for some time now but today she was doing it all on her own...no help from Mom! She can complain about this picture when she is 30 and in therapy. But, for now, I couldn't resist...
And to not leave out Jamie, she was contently playing by herself with her easel this afternoon. She was so quiet. I had to keep checking on her to make sure she was ok. I would ask if she needed anything and she would say, "No, I am just drawing, Mom". How's that for keeping yourself occupied? I watched her for a little while I was standing in the hall way listening to Mazie read and Jamie would stand and look at the easel and then draw. It was quite funny. Almost as if she was figuring out where to make her next mark. Watch out Van Gough, here comes a Jamie Bo Stahr original!


4 comments:
LOVE the reading picture- congrats Mazie!! That's a very exciting thing! A huge milestone!!!!
aw mazie we are so so proud of you! you go little potty reader:) maybe jamie will send us some artwork:)
wow mazie, i am so proud of you. she is really growing up. first she turns five, then she starts reading, soon she'll be dating. as for jamie, beautiful drawings. you've definitely got a picasso on your hands.
Quite the talented young ladies you have! I'm so proud of Mazie's accomplishment, she is quite the big girl!
Post a Comment