Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ten On Tuesday

1. I am in love with Dan Brown. I have thoroughly enjoyed every one of his books thus far. Seriously, I want to meet him and just stare at him. Ok, that sounds a little stalkery but I'm ok with that.

2. I am reading The Lost Symbol and have a hard time putting it down. So I only pick it up at night because the kids kind of get in the way of reading during the day.

3. Jamie had her playdate of boys on Friday. I told her to narrow the list down to only two kids. She had a very hard time chosing which two boys were going to be invited. They had a blast though and played very well together. I have a feeling she was the boss and the boys had no problem with that.

4. I got a call from an officer of the PTA telling me that the principal of the school gave her my name thinking I would be a good officer for this next school year. I actually laughed in her ear. I then quickly gathered myself and said that I was thankful that someone thinks I could do the job but I have no time to spare for the PTA. I volunteer at the school when I can but I have never even been to a PTA meeting (does that make me a bad parents?). So I declined and the lady said, "I understand. I have four kids of my own and wouldn't have been able to do this job if they weren't all in school either. I remember when my youngest was 2 1/2 and I was busier then. We'll keep your name for next year".

5. I'm still going to be busy with a 3 1/2 year old next year. Just saying. Although starting in August, he will be able to attend the preschool and go with his big sisters two mornings a week.

6. I think if I say that enough, I will be ready to enroll him in a couple of months and just be happy that I will have 6 hours a week to myself. Time probably spent at the gym or running.

7. Having just said that I do not have extra time to do things like the PTA, I volunteered to plan the kindergarten (Jamie's class) Valentines party. Planning a party for 18 kids (and some of their parents) has to be easier than being on the PTA board, right?

8. Mazie's pink roses that she received from her dad are still very lovely. Mazie says that it is because they are hers.

9. I am ready for Lost to start and am ready for the last season. It needs to be over really. There is only so much you can do with that story line but it should be an exciting finish.

10. Jeremiah is running in the Winter Series. He has already run the 5K and the 4 miler. He has the 5 miler and 10K coming up. If you go here, you can see a nice picture of him on the pikes peak road runners home page. I said it was a nice picture! Love you, babe.

Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go, Jeremiah! Nice shot! You should join him out there, Megan! :-) PTA, huh? Even though you're not interested, it's flattering for them to have thought of you (and I can't say I blame them!).

Megan said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Amy. I have races starting in March. It is hard for us to run together. Our babysitter isn't an early riser!

Cathy Bolander said...

Good for you both running in races. I too can't wait for the last season of Lost. Seriously can't wait. And Mazie I love pink roses.

Unknown said...

great to hear jeremiah. good luck!!! yeah josh and i can't wait for lost to come on either. miss you guys. planning a trip anytime soon?

J.J. Killins said...

jeremiah are you wearing shorts! ron is so excited for lost to start, i am like HURRY IT UP ALREADY, STUPID SHOW. he is also excited to be moving up on the library wait list for that book! i think he's 300-something so it will be awhile, LOL:)

Katie said...

I am so ready to watch Lost, but I will be sad when it's over. I'm not sure what my husband will do. Probably start all over again with Season 1.

BTW thanks for letting him stay this week. :-)