I think if Mazie would be in the dictionary as a word the entry would be something like this...
Mazie: /MAY zee/ n. 1. a fabulous, intelligent, sweet girl.

2. a beautiful girl who often gets into trouble because of too much sassing.

3. a little girl who is getting way too old, way too fast for her mama.

4. a smart girl who knows how to kick butt (if ever needed) but is terrified of anything that moves (ie insects, spiders, cats, dogs, etc).

That's just to name a few things about my darling daughter. We did a little photo shoot this weekend to get the "8" picture. So we had some fun with it...


After we were outside for a little, we headed inside. Mazie said, "What about your room with all the red. You know, it's my favorite color." So we did just that...
And after getting the sillies out of the way...
I think I actually got Mazie. That smirk says it all, don't you think?

This is the one, I think. It totally shows Mazie and who she is right now at 8 years old...

Then since my trusty assistant was so great at helping me (and not minding to stay out of the photos) we asked her to join Mazie for a few of my girls.
I love the interlocking arms and their precious eyes and the fact that they wanted to do this...

This was actually not planned...

When we were all finished, the girls went to tell Dad that Jamie even kissed Mazie. Jacob was just waking up from his nap and heard this. He said, "What going on here?" It was quite funny that he felt he needed to be involved with all the kissing.
7 comments:
oh gosh i just love those. makes me miss you five all the more. that one with the smirk, just got me. oh, i can see mazie at 18 months in that one. when she came over to stay the night and fed us craisins and we took a walk with her on the beach. there's still a teensy bit of baby left in her face in that one.
I think 8 sounds so big, Megan! Hold on, girl, she's growing too quickly! And, awesome awesome shots of her!
What a character. A cute one but a character nonetheless. I love the one of her & Jamie together. So sweet! It reminds me of the photos of me & my sisters growing up that I so fondly look at now.
FABULOUS is right!!!!...Awesome job of "capturing" our AMAZING MAZIE!...Just love the poses alone AND together with Jamie AND the "story"....
Sweet and Amazing #8 Mazie ....Enjoy the ride to #9!:-)
Great photos that so vividly capture Mazie's personality and character. Beautiful pictures for a very beautiful young lady! Enjoy your year!
What a sweet post, Megan! 8 does sound so old! Great job capturing "her"!
Megan, she is 100% YOU in each one of those photos!
Post a Comment