2. Our babysitter (who is absolutely loved by all three of the kids!) is no longer available to watch our kids. We are happy for her because she is doing something she loves and working hard but so sad because she was awesome. So now we are without a babysitter. Can anyone (locally) recommend someone who is great with three kids at one time and is trustworthy?
3. Yep, she still unofficially naps. I love that she needs to take her nap in my bed and we have to refer to it as a cat nap because that isn't really a real nap, especially since it's not in her bed.
4. Mazie is taking CSAP tests over the next few weeks. They test for an hour at a time and only two days a week which is why it will be over the next few weeks. The problem with this is that the teachers want such great scores that they are forgetting about the pressure they are putting on the kids. Mazie came home early from school on Wednesday because she had a nervous stomach. So how do I explain to Mazie that this test really means nothing to her schooling career? It doesn't mean that she won't go to 4th grade or go on to college or be a great anything when she gets older. Mazie's mind is constantly going. She tends to make things bigger than they are. Add that to the pressure she feels from her teacher and it's no wonder she has an upset stomach. Any suggestions from my teacher friends out there?
5. I kissed Jacob on his forehead when I buckled him into his carseat. He said, "What's that for?". I said, "I kissed you because I love you." He said, "Oh. I love you too Mommy." Like he couldn't possibly understand why I would kiss him just because.
5. I kissed Jacob on his forehead when I buckled him into his carseat. He said, "What's that for?". I said, "I kissed you because I love you." He said, "Oh. I love you too Mommy." Like he couldn't possibly understand why I would kiss him just because.
Happy Weekend!
3 comments:
Glad to be catching up with you guys again after it was quiet on here for a few weeks. Miss all those kiddos--give them hugs for me!
I am quite a fan of ColorWonder myself. Genius isn't it!? Wish my daughter would at least take cat naps!
i think i might have done an 'i love color wonder' post back in the day myself. alla is over it and fisher realizes it's not really markers but maybe now that he's turning two he can get some books of his own and go to town. alla used to do color wonder in my bed while i rested, pregnant with fisher. ah.
Post a Comment