Friday, February 26, 2010

Changes

Today was Dress Like A Super Hero day for the grades 3,4, and 5 at school. Mazie donned Jamie's Halloween costume to represent Super Girl.
Also, Mazie has been showering by herself lately. I know this may not seem like a big deal but it is in this house. After almost 8 full years of baths, she decided that she wanted to take a shower. Alone. And she does. She turns on the water, adjusts the temperature, washes, dries, and even puts on her lotion (with a little supervision).

She also has more of her CSAP testing next week. She is excited about this because it is the math section. And now that she knows what to expect and that the test is really testing the teachers (Thank you Terry!), she is ready for it instead of nervous!
Jamie has two loose teeth! She got out of bed this morning with wide eyes full of tears. She was on the edge of crying when I said, "Good morning, what's up?". She said that her teeth were loose and she didn't know what to do because she isn't 6 yet and she thought her teeth were going to get loose when she was 6. After I expressed how excited I was that her teeth were loose she chilled out and thought it was pretty cool. The funny thing is that her two bottom teeth that are loose are really loose. Like they have been loose for several days or maybe even a week and are actually closer to falling out than just all-of-a-sudden loose!

Since today was Dress Like A Hero Day, I told Jamie that she could act like she was dressed like Smart Lady. She just looked at me like I was from another planet and then walked to where seh was to line up with her class to get to her room.

When I ask Jamie how her day was, she usually replies with "Good". I have to pry out of her what she actually did. After looking over her papers that she worked on and then brought home, I ask her if she learned anything new. Today she finally answered me with a little too much sassiness from an almost-6-year-old, "I don't really learn anything new. I know everything we are doing. I just do the work because it is different but I know what I'm doing." And then she gave me a look like I wasn't to ask that anymore.
This boy has been really the devil lately. He has been pushing buttons that I had no idea I even had! Like swishing his water in his mouth and sometimes even spitting it out instead of swallowing it even if he is in the living room. Or wearing the hood today. He insisted on wearing his hood all day, even in his gym class. He refused to put it down!

For example, he will ask for a banana. If you peel it incorrectly or cut off a bruise and it isn't completely whole, he will not eat it. Or he and Jamie will be enjoying a carpet picnic for lunch. They share everything that is in front of them. When Jacob is in this particular mood, he pulls whatever Jamie is munching on away from her and puts it a little too far out of her reach and say, "It's mine". Then smiles and walks away so she has to get up to get it.

But, with all that said, they are my children and I love them dearly and wouldn't change anything about them. Ok, well, almost anything!

Happy Friday

6 comments:

A.K. said...

Congrats Mazie on showering by yourself! definitely has to make y'alls night time routine easier :)

Megan's Mom said...

I think this winter thing is getting old..don't you?

Good job on the showering deal,Mazie..love watching you grow
up:-)!Nice Super girl!

Jamie...it looks like you may loose 4 teeth at once!...hope the tooth fairy saved up for this!

Jacob...you are too funny...that hood is supposed to be up...that is why it is there...right?
Love all the pictures...thanks for sharing:-)Love to all!

Aunt Carissa said...

Good Luck Mazie on the math part of your test. I can't wait to see how well you do. Jamie it's okay to loose teeth before you are 6. Hopefully your teeth are worth a lot of money from the tooth fairy. Jacob is too cute. His profile in that picture looks like Chloe a litte.

PopPop said...

Looking good, Super Girl! Way to go with the showering and the CSAP testing - I know you will do well in math. Jamie. I lost my first tooth when I was, too. Actually it was pretty neat to get a head start on getting "real" teeth. And Jacob, there are some days that I like to wear my hoodie all day also. Enjoy the day!

Cathy Bolander said...

Totally get that. Mine can be little devils too but I love them regardless even if I pray for naptime & bedtime.

Amy said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy with so much going on. And I think Jacob's stinkerness just makes him more loveable! :-)