Sunday, January 17, 2010

Celebration

Yesterday we had Mazie's birthday party at The Little Gym. When we celebrated Jacob's birthday there last year, she announced that her 8th birthday party would be there. And so it was. The kids really enjoyed themselves and I had fun watching all of them.
This was a fun activity. All the kids were to roll over the round and to a forward roll...
and then run around and smack into the big cheese mat on the other side of the gym...
I wanted to push the kids out of the way so I could throw myself into the cheese mat. It looked like such fun. I think Jeremiah and I have decided that we will purchase one of these mats someday and just run into it. It looks like it relieves stress, don't you think?
And who can pass up playing basketball with bubbles?
I think the most fun was the bouncer.
After a little more than an hour of fun, it was time for singing and cake (to see more of the cake go here or click on the business blog button on the sidebar).
All the kids obliged to a group picture. I love it too. Check out all the happy faces (especially Jacob's)
Since we had to have the party during what is normally Jacob's nap, he missed said nap. So when we finally got home and Mazie went to opening her awesome presents, he decided to just take a quick cat nap on the couch...
Notice he is holding onto the balloons. He would not let them go! Mazie really enjoyed herself and the kids had fun. It was a great birthday party and (here's the bonus) I didn't have to clean up!
Today was the big date. So I got Mazie ready...
The door bell rang and in came her handsome date with pink roses...
Dad even asked Master Jacob if he could take his sister out on a date. Jacob said, "Um, yes!" and then walked away to get his green spatula. I think he just wanted it just in case...
I love this one...
And, so they went off to their lunch, just the two of them.
She had a fabulous time. When she came home, she told me that she went to the bathroom all by herself. If you knew Mazie, you would know what a big deal this was for her. Apparently that was the highlight of their date!

7 comments:

PopPop said...

Fantastic! What an awesome day it must have been! My thoughts were with you - Love you lots!

Cathy Bolander said...

I still love the date idea so much & plan to use it with my boys once they are a little older. Just hoping we have a girl someday for Rick to take on a date. Hope you had a great time Mazie

Sara said...

My dad took me on a date for my 9th birthday. He gave me red tulips. It is just something you don't forget. I am so happy your girls will have those memories too. Such a great round of pics.

J.J. said...

oh mazie you just look beautiful!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Mazie--you look stunning!

Amy said...

What a great party! So fun to see the big kids playing there, too. And I love the date pictures. That's such a special tradition. I love it!

Susie PSU said...

The kids had such a great time. Thanks for having us!