5. They asked just recently when we were going on another date so Pop Pop could come and watch them. I just didn't ask what actually happened that night. I think it is better that way! It was dinner, bath, story, and bed and no crap, right dad? Right?
6. I took Mazie and Jamie to the book store yesterday so they could use their gift cards they got for Christmas. They both had $75 (each) in gift cards to use at Barnes and Noble. After filling the car with books, we still walked away with $25 each. So I guess we will be doing that again in a couple of weeks.
7. I told Jamie that she could have a couple of friends from her class over on Friday for a playdate. She immediately went to work on a list. When I looked at the list, it was all boys!
8. Mazie was so happy with all your comments in the posts about her birthday and her celebration. Thanks for making her feel special!
9. Jacob only says "I love you" if I say, "Jacob Isaac Stahr, I love you" to which he will reply, "I love you too Mommy". And this just melts my heart!
10. He has also been pretty fond of my songs lately. When Mazie was born, I realized her name fit into most nursery rhymes. Like "Mazie Had a Little Lamb". And Jamie's fit too, "Twinkle Twinkle Jamie Stahr". We didn't set out for that to happen when we picked names for the children but it's cute, nonetheless. So Jacob asks me to sing a "mommy song" he wants
Jacob Isaac pudding and pie, kissed the girls and made them cry.
When the boys came out to play, Jacob Isaac ran away.
And the funny part of it is is that he tells me when I am finished singing that he wouldn't run away. He would keep the girls.
Happy Tuesday!
7 comments:
What a sweet pop pop! And I love the shadow photo.
As Fancy Nancy would say- Ooh lalala! What a blessing to be able to get away by yourselves :) YOu have a cool dad for sure!
too funny about the songs- i love it!
Anytime you guys want to go on a date, just let me know. We (your children and I)had a marvelous time together. And yes, it was dinner, bath, story, and bed - all with no crap! (Is this what everyone calls "old age setting in"???)!
How nice! I love the Broadmoore, glad you got to have a day/night to yourselves.
And I love that Jamie picked boys! You're going to have to keep on eye on that one. Just kidding. :-)
oh wow a whole night away!! what a happy post:)
Love love love the shadow picture.
Post a Comment