Friday, January 08, 2010

Special Day

I'm going to have to fill you in on the beginning of January some other day. I'm still not sure where it has gone but here we are on January 8, aka Jeremiah's birthday. Today is the day that Jeremiah has to stop holding it over my head that I am older. For the last 5 weeks, he has been rubbing it in that I am older and how much older I am . You know, a whole 5 weeks. He always seems to forget to speak of how much wiser I am but I digress. Today we are the same age and he can't go on and on (and on) about me being older until at least December 4 again!

So today we celebrated. There were jokes told while I was getting the cake ready. As you can see, the jokes were very interesting from the youngest of the Stahr kids...
There was singing..."Happy Birthday to you, cha cha cha". Again Jacob took the lead on that...
There was lots of smoke. I guess 33 candles* will do that. We were fortunate enough to not need the fire company rescue us. You will be happy to hear the birthday boy was able to blow them all out with one breath...
We enjoyed the red velvet cake with peanut butter icing and then went onto the gifts. There were lots of birthday kisses...
Jacob was so excited about opening the gifts. Like he was having a hard time waiting until Jeremiah got home from work. The gifts were just taunting him. He apparently didn't get his fill at Christmas. So he and Jeremiah were so exited about the presents in this one...
I hope you had a wonderful day. We love you and wish you many more of these lovely birthdays!
*The 33 candles were payback for the last 5 weeks of being teased. And, yes, I would have had to hurt my husband had he put all 33 candles on my cake.*

4 comments:

Jeremiah said...

Until December, my Dear. Thank you for this year and thank you for my birthday gifts and cake. Had I known this many candles would be safe in the house, I probably would have tried it for you. Perhaps next year. You know... when you're older than me again!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Jeremiah! I'm impressed with the amount of flame on top of that beautiful (and tasty) cake your wife made. :-)

Cathy Bolander said...

Happy Birthday young one. Man you guys are still young. Rick will be 37 tomorrow.

J.J. Killins said...

Wishing you a great one Jeremiah!