So 2009 is at its end and it's time to wrap up the old and start the new. Here is our year's end. We had a fabulous Christmas. Just the 5 of us, our tree, and way too many gifts...





And then there was skyping too...

While I was out getting some supplies to last the week, the kids and Jeremiah decided to surprise me by getting all decked out. I want you to take a close look at what Jacob picked out all by himself. His swim trunks, Hawaiian shirt, dad's tie, and his green crocks! I loved the surprise!!

Then we opened some gifts from Gramma and Aunt Jodi. Thanks Mom and Jodi, they loved them...

Pop Pop arrived for a special visit too. We had Christmas with him which was a treat for the kids...


The kids received lots of crafty gifts. They got right to them. Mazie is working on her trinket box here...
+of+IMG_0001.JPG)
Jamie was supposed to be making one of her Build-A-Bear animals but decided to play and let Pop Pop work on it instead...

And there has been pop corn, of course. Lots of pop corn. And it's still very entertaining...

I just like this one. It's just very Mazie...

Yesterday we went to the top of Pike's Peak by way of the cograil...

The scenery was just beautiful with the white snow. The kids enjoyed the ride...

Well, most of the ride. Pop Pop's jacket was just so comfy...

The only bad part was that we never made it to the summit. The winds were too much for the train to continue. We were at 13,000 ft elevation and had to go back without getting out for a bathroom break. I am quite happy to report that Jacob made it without any accidents!
We were able to stop at "The North Pole" on the way down. It's where the Christmas trains stop to see Santa. There was lots of picture taking.

We also decided to venture out to Miramont Castle. Jeremiah and I did this last year and decided we had to take the kids. Mazie and Jamie were in awe of the entire castle...

We were all there...

Jacob was fond of all the mirrors. I asked him who that handsome boy was. He said, "That's me!"

The girls were especially excited to count 6 fireplaces throughout the castle.
We have had a wonderful year in 2009 and look forward to a new year of wonderful things in 2010. Happy New Year!
8 comments:
It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Can't wait to see your new year.
Such great photos you've captured, Megan! I spy a Piperlime box, too- what was in there??!
Happy 2010!
Susie, it was a reused box. I think I put her outfit in that one.
I just went to the castle last week for the first time. I went with a friend for "high tea" and now I can't wait for it to re-open this spring so I can take Molly!
So glad you had a great Christmas and new years. Really great photos and loved Jacob's outfit.
i LOVE the wrap-up, my friend. so good to see where everyone is as 2009 ends.
What a great Christmas! I love seeing your happy kiddos. . . happy new year!
Happy New Year! Awesome wrap-up Megan!..Love Jaccob in red!...love the pictures....some "goofy"(the dress up), some just downright awesome!
You do have great subjects to capture on camera...so... keep snapping that camera and popping that popcorn!Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment